Ravens TC 2022

DreamKid

25 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Does Kolar being on IR take up a spot? I assumed he doesn't and we'd cut Oliver when he comes back. Even weirder if we have 5 TE's and 2 OLB's lmfao

Once Kolar goes on IR that will open up a spot. But if they would have put him on IR before cuts he would have been out for the year. So he essentially “wasted” a spot like Ojabo but in practice he’ll go right to IR now and one of those veterans like Means will be signed.

Still wild though that because of that we kept 6 TEs/FBs on the initial 53 lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Still wild though that because of that we kept 6 TEs/FBs on the initial 53 lol

Josh Oliver making the 53 is one of the bigger surprises for me - I don't think he's shown anything to say he isn't a JAG that could easily be picked up off the street/a PS

• Like 1

Just now, drd23 said:

Josh Oliver making the 53 is one of the bigger surprises for me - I don't think he's shown anything to say he isn't a JAG that could easily be picked up off the street/a PS

Agreed. Not sure why we wouldn’t just roll with Andrews/Boyle/Likely and then have 4 once Kolar comes back. Could always play Ricard there in a pinch too like last year. 

Only possible explanation I can think of is maybe they haven’t liked what they’ve seen from Boyle since he came back? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Only possible explanation I can think of is maybe they haven’t liked what they’ve seen from Boyle since he came back? 

He's the only plus blocking TE we have(besides Ricard when he's inline), but he was playing somewhat deep into our preseason games and not looking all that great. I figured he was requesting the time as a veteran still working back from significant injury, which is common, but who knows?

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 1:21 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ronnie Stanley apparently is close to returning, so that's...something.

A month after and he still hasn’t practiced yet 😂 shocker

You can tell Harbaugh is annoyed with him too. His last few pressers when he’s been asked about it is a much different tone. “Ronnie will be out here when Ronnie wants to get back out here”

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

A month after and he still hasn’t practiced yet 😂 shocker

You can tell Harbaugh is annoyed with him too. His last few pressers when he’s been asked about it is a much different tone. “Ronnie will be out here when Ronnie wants to get back out here”

ironically, he's practicing today lol

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

How has Rashod Bateman been looking for you guys? Really wanted him in Green Bay and think he's going to be a damn good one.

Hard to tell because he hasn't played in any preseason games to my knowledge. From all reports in practice though he's looked good. I can't say he's been a standout performer, though.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 10:26 PM, wackywabbit said:

I'm not really a blame Greg Roman guy, overall and I'm ok with us keeping him, but what they run in preseason was/is not the real Roman offense. The is just default basic nfl plays. Core route concepts and simple blocking. A lot of 11 personnel, almost no heavy, I believe. The formations and movement on blocking will look much different during the regular season, and we'll have to see if the multiple receivers running to the same spot comes back with it. 

Circling back here because to show that it is completely different offense they were running in the preseason. The preseason they did a ton of 11 personnel.

And regarding two receivers in the same spot:

INB4 someone says this^ is Lamar's fault for not throwing hot or something, cuz otherwise the routes makes sense

Edited by wackywabbit