Knights of the Old Republic (Remake)

MikeT14

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Saber Interactive CEO Says KOTOR Remake Is 'Alive and Well'

They took it over and then with them when they split from Embracer.

https://www.ign.com/articles/saber-interactive-ceo-says-kotor-remake-is-alive-and-well

Still very low expectations of it coming out and living up to the original for its time.

Just looking at the remake of Dark Forces, and I’d rather just play the originals at this point.  What are you really improving by doing this?  Most consoles can port the old game, and PCs max out the graphics with ease.  

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Just looking at the remake of Dark Forces, and I’d rather just play the originals at this point.  What are you really improving by doing this?  Most consoles can port the old game, and PCs max out the graphics with ease.  

With this they are doing like a full remake not just a remaster like Dark Forces.

So if they can indeed land it you’re looking at like a FF7 to FF7 Rebirth type improvement. 

I agree tho a lot of remasters at this point are money grabs or you could just mod the improvements on PC already.

Playing KOTOR a couple years ago, it definitely has aged considerably. It deserves a remake up to modern standards of combat, graphics and systems. It broke ground on what a story driven action RPG could be, and since then you have tons of games built off what it did. 

Wary Saber will deliver