Who wins this Matchup Prime for Prime: Randy Moss or Deion Sanders?

mdonnelly21

Who wins this Matchup Prime for Prime: Randy Moss or Deion Sanders?   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this Matchup Prime for Prime:

• Randy Moss
    • Deion Sanders?

I think if you take a WR and CB of equal "caliber", the WR is going to win the matchup by most measures. Just the nature of a reactive vs proactive battle. That's just my theory more so than based on any results... although the fact that we make a big deal when a CB shuts down a top WR, but not so much when a top CB lets up a lot of yards (well he shadowed so and so, of course he did!), says something to me.

• Like 5

The trouble with a question like this is what counts as winning the matchup. In a full game, a productive day for a WR still may mean that the CB won 80% of the individual snaps. And I find it hard to believe that any CB, against a healthy motivated Moss, will be able to shut him down on 100% of snaps for a true full game. You beat someone like Moss by winning against the QB or OL, not really by beating Moss 1v1. So like, a team with Sanders could well win that matchup, but Moss would take his share in just a 1v1.

• Like 3

@RandyMossIsBoss @Jakuvious Both good points.

Just think, if the NFL got rid of the horrible pro bowl and replaced it with 1 on 1 drills like these then we might have had a better answer to this hypothetical question. It obviously wouldn't have helped with older generation players like these guys but still.

I watch this channel all the time and it's entertaining as hell. They get guys from all walks of life (D1, D2, college, street guys, pros, etc) and put them one on one to compete in WR vs CB drills against each other for cash on the spot. Sometimes they even have tourney's to determine a single winner.

Do this  now for the pros and later on we may have an answer to the inevitable question of "who would win 1 on 1 between this CB and this WR"

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1