Who on your team do you believe is currently under the radar?

Bolts223

As in: who do you think will be a major contributor to your team that isn’t being mentioned a lot by fans/media. 

For the Chargers… I’ll go with Nasir Adderley. Big contract year for him and will likely get a ton of opportunities to make interceptions. I think a breakout year for him is definitely in the cards. 

Isaiah McKenzie for the Bills. 

The thinking was Jameson Crowder was going to shift into Cole Beasley's slot role but after the first 4 days of camp everyone is raving about McKenzie. Granted Crowder is injured right now but McKenzie has been sharper and a better route runner thus far, and really vibing with Josh Allen. 

Every time he's on the field he's a playmaker, and speed is something the Bills offense can use.

Edited by The BILLievers
  • Like 1

Willie Gay and Nick Bolton 

Bolton kinda overtook a lot of the attention for our LBers but Willie has some serious skills as a sideline to sideline LBer that we haven't had in years. I'm expecting big things from him.

I still included Bolton just because I don't think folks realize how big of a role he's going to have on defense as the leader since Tyrann left town. Last year, as soon as he came in the defense just felt more alive imo.

First time since DJ have I been this optimistic about our LBers.

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolts223 said:

As in: who do you think will be a major contributor to your team that isn’t being mentioned a lot by fans/media. 

For the Chargers… I’ll go with Nasir Adderley. Big contract year for him and will likely get a ton of opportunities to make interceptions. I think a breakout year for him is definitely in the cards. 

loved him coming out the draft..guy has plus ball skills/instincts/hands to be a true CFer. Thankful we took Antoine Winfield JR a year or so after bc Nasir is going to be really really good safety one day. 

for my bucs i’ll say Akeim Hicks..if healthy he should really rack up on sacks next to Vea and Shaq. Think he will benefit in a scheme that will free up a lot of 1 on 1s.

Can see D white having a career year sack wise too but his issues in coverage will likely keep getting exposed.

Edited by indifference

9 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Willie Gay and Nick Bolton 

Bolton kinda overtook a lot of the attention for our LBers but Willie has some serious skills as a sideline to sideline LBer that we haven't had in years. I'm expecting big things from him.

I still included Bolton just because I don't think folks realize how big of a role he's going to have on defense as the leader since Tyrann left town. Last year, as soon as he came in the defense just felt more alive imo.

First time since DJ have I been this optimistic about our LBers.

Agreed with this. Especially for Willie Gay. He's already the best coverage LB we've had since prime DJ. His passer rating allowed last season was like 20 or 30 points better than the average LB, if I remember the PFF statistic correctly. He and Bolton taking over properly for Hitch and Niemann is a huge deal. They were on roster last year, sure, but now they're being given the actual reigns to the defense. And there's a reason Hitch remains a free agent, while Niemann is way down Arizona's depth chart.

Honestly though, I feel like most really only know the big names on this roster. Which is fair, they have been the centerpieces of this team for years. But there are some good pieces we've drafted in the past couple years that go relatively unnoticed. Bolton, Gay, Thornhill, Sneed. The back 7 of the D is basically all young, rising, talent. Just a question of if this is the year we figure out a competent edge rush rotation.

• Like 1

I'd say TJ Edwards (LB) and Marcus Epps (S) for defense. Kenny Gainwell (RB) and Quez Watkins (WR) for offense.

Don't think Avonte Maddox is flying under the radar as much after the season he had last year as one of the best slot corners. I think whoever wins the battle at RG might be the worst starting OL on the team on arguably the best OL in the league, but I think both Seumalo and Driscoll could be good starters even with that said.

For the Titans, it’s David Long and Amani Hooker.

Hooker is getting more well known, especially with people who regularly go to PFF, but I think a lot don’t realize he’s that good because of Byard.

Long is the best linebacker on a team that also has Zach Cunningham.

Jets: 

CB Bryce Hall - with all the new CB additions and MCII settling in as our slot corner, Hall has sort of gotten pushed back after two solid years to start his career. Part of me thinks we're preparing to be in dime looks as the league continues to become more pass heavy, and having depth is never bad, but he seems to be the forgotten guy in that room.

HB Michael Carter Jr - everyone is excited about Breece Hall, as they should be, but MCJ was our most productive offensive player last year and smart teams have two good backs. MCJ will still be involved this year.

For the Falcons, I'd have to throw out the safety pairing of Jaylinn Hawkins and Richie Grant. They are both super athletic and fit what Pees wants in his safeties very well. Could see them helping turn around this defense and give them one of the better secondaries in the NFL with their improvements this year.