Jacoby Brissett

SilverNBlackFan

179 294 2,172 60.9 7.39 9   5

Those are his numbers so far. Not big numbers, but this is a guy who arrived a week before the season started. Had to learn a completely new offense on the fly and was immediately forced into the starting role because of Tolzein's incompetence. He is still basically a rookie himself. Doesn't have the greatest of weapons in Indy, but the guy is playing solid football in extremely less than ideal circumstances. 

Anybody else impressed by him? What do you think happens to him once Luck returns? Personally, I think he's a future plus starter in this league. I think any team thats in the QB market that misses out on Rosen/Darnold should look at Brissett. He has shown more than Jimmy G/McCarron ever have and those backups were a hot commodity around the league for years.

I will not be at all surprised if 2017 becomes known as the year the Patriots completely mortgaged their future by trading away two quality NFL starting QBs. Brissett, remember, has been hit more than any other QB by a pretty substantial margin, despite not having started the first game. He was very raw coming into the league but I really like his skill set and I think he's shown tremendous growth this year under horrible circumstances. 

NC State has been putting out some decent QBs... Rivers, Wilson, Glennon, Brissett... and looks like Finley has a chance to be drafted this year if he comes out.

I don't see Brissett being a superstar but I think he could be a solid QB for a number of years for a team. 

1 minute ago, Zappaz said:

NC State has been putting out some decent QBs... Rivers, Wilson, Glennon, Brissett... and looks like Finley has a chance to be drafted this year if he comes out.

I don't see Brissett being a superstar but I think he could be a solid QB for a number of years for a team. 

Wilson came out of Wisconsin, nice try tho.

Just now, O'Doyle Rules said:

Wilson came out of Wisconsin, nice try tho.

Yeah... 3 years at State, 1 year at Wisconsin.... I mean unless you claim he learned everything in that single year at Wisconsin. If he would have just committed to football instead of flip flopping about baseball maybe him and the coach wouldn't have butted heads then Wilson would have been 4 years at State.

16 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Jut saying he came out of Wisconsin offically, you cant put him under qbs that came out of NC State.

So the 3 years, 36 games, 8545 yards, and 76 TDs he threw for NCSU don't count? Yet the 1 year, 14 games, 3175 yards, 33 TDs means he was a Badger... 

He developed while at NC State, he got motivated when the coach told him he wouldn't be playing football his senior year since he wouldn't commit to it so he went to Wis. If he was there 1 year as a backup... then sure, you can act like he wasn't a part of the system but when he was a 3 year starter you can't just claim that never happened and didn't impact his future. I never specified that he graduated from there, but he did play there for 3/4 of his college career as a starter so he was from NCSU... 

Not going to derail this thread about Brissett anymore. If anyone wants to discuss this further feel free to PM me. 

1 hour ago, Starless said:

I will not be at all surprised if 2017 becomes known as the year the Patriots completely mortgaged their future by trading away two quality NFL starting QBs. Brissett, remember, has been hit more than any other QB by a pretty substantial margin, despite not having started the first game. He was very raw coming into the league but I really like his skill set and I think he's shown tremendous growth this year under horrible circumstances. 

I understand getting rid of Garrapolo because of his upcoming contract expiring, and Brady still playing at Goat level. So you had to get what you could for him while you still controlled his rights. But to get rid of Brissett, a guy you literally just drafted with a premium pick in exchange for a gadget WR makes little sense. 

57 minutes ago, Zappaz said:

Glennon is not "decent".

I would like to say I am surprised but I am not... I am only surprised he is not doing any better .. I was one of the rare fans that felt he was worthy of a bottom 1st it top 2nd round selection just based on what he was able to do in college and his play making ability... I would love  for the Steelers to give him a look

Archived