Training Camp Thread

2 hours ago, indifference said:

dude is clearly burnt out

fans gotta relax

he doesnt need a 4 week long training camp when he’s been running the ship for 2 years. Give him a break he’ll be ready to dice up the Cowboys again with a 300+ pass game and thats all that matters right now

The dude is pondering retirement again. 

22 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I just hope this is not true.  I remember the Favre saga with GB- he may retire, he might not- send the private jet to get him.  If this Brady rumor is true, it would be another level of narcissism in comparison to the Favre saga.

ehh i feel at this point in his career - " you want to retire in Feb bc you just ended your 21st season, 44 years old and took a beating" then "you don't want to retire in April because all of a sudden you're feeling better. Rejuvinated and feel you can hit your play til 45 goal". 

Then you get out here in this florida summer heat and maybe it's not such a good idea at 45 years old to do this again for 4-5 months lol. 

I'm not sure it's narcissism. It just might be father time winning already in August - both physically and mentally. 

I like Brady and all but that last month of the season you can see a dip in his play. Was it bc we threw the ball 50X a game basically all year? Maybe. There was a reason Bowles stated he wants to run the ball more this year. I'm not one who's going to guess Tom's current where abouts or why he took a leave or whether it was pre-planned or not. If theres not a true set return date - my only guess is it's not planned.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brady truly has a bad season this year and father time wins out. He's 45. He's done so much to prove he's beaten father time this long. But theres only so much you can do to continue to perform at a high level for so long. 

16 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

The dude is pondering retirement again. 

To be honest - this would not surprise me. Possibly got out there on the field for TC and is realizing he may not be able to go a full year performing to his standards. 

Am I guessing? Sure. But i'm also not freaking out about it. It's just more along the lines of "this wouldn't surprise me" 

2 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

To be honest - this would not surprise me. Possibly got out there on the field for TC and is realizing he may not be able to go a full year performing to his standards. 

Am I guessing? Sure. But i'm also not freaking out about it. It's just more along the lines of "this wouldn't surprise me" 

He's just had too many distractions in the offseason. His head isn't 100% in it to win again. It's just obvious. All the Miami stuff, his Fox contract, family stuff, his TB12 brand. But cmon, he convinced ownership to make BA step down in order to come back. It's ****ed up to bow out now. He needs to dig deep and find some new inspiration. 

5 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

He's just had too many distractions in the offseason. His head isn't 100% in it to win again. It's just obvious. All the Miami stuff, his Fox contract, family stuff, his TB12 brand. But cmon, he convinced ownership to make BA step down in order to come back. It's ****ed up to bow out now. He needs to dig deep and find some new inspiration. 

Don't disagree. I honestly don't think the whole miami stuff bothers him as a distraction. He's always ran his TB12 business, hell I even ran into Giselle when i stopped in  the one time lol. His Brady brand is new so i can see that being an issue. The whole BA thing i feel like is a bit true. Along with Gronk not coming back. He had one of his worst years in 2019 when gronk retired. Theres some sort of bromance with those two - that i'm unsure why he didn't hang it up in the first place. 

10 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Sounds like Brady took the time off to deal with a looming divorce. Bunch of rumors him and Giselle ate going through that process and over 600 million in assets to divide.

Apparently she was not on board with him coming back this time around.

Holy hell

12 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Sounds like Brady took the time off to deal with a looming divorce. Bunch of rumors him and Giselle ate going through that process and over 600 million in assets to divide.

Apparently she was not on board with him coming back this time around.

We're gonna get bachelor Brady for 2022? 

And as soon as I post that, this comes out lol. Who really knows what happened, but at least he's back now:

'Tom Brady was seen at Bucs headquarters and is expected to practice Monday.  Brady was reportedly vacationing with his family at an exclusive resort in the Bahamas over the past week and a half, according to Pro Football Network's Aaron Wilson.'

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

And as soon as I post that, this comes out lol. Who really knows what happened, but at least he's back now:

'Tom Brady was seen at Bucs headquarters and is expected to practice Monday.  Brady was reportedly vacationing with his family at an exclusive resort in the Bahamas over the past week and a half, according to Pro Football Network's Aaron Wilson.'

He had all offseason to vacation, and he chooses to do it in the middle of preseason with how much of an advance notice? Not buying that.