Training Camp Thread

36 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

how?? TJ was our best player in preseason , just weird

how could we not get a late rounder for him?

Someone could conceivably still trade for him before the deadline.  It has happrned before when players are announced they are being waived.  Darden must be ready apparently.

I called that Tyler Johnson cut weeks ago.

We’re just that deep at the position. He’s a solid WR prospect but truth be told he doesnt offer anything what the roster already has. Not really a good run blocker, struggles in press coverage in man, and cant go deep.

Miller & Darden offer things this team lacks which is vertical speed. Thompkins will probably be on the PS

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

Logan Ryan being cut is a surprise though. Winfield must be killing it at NCB

He's likely coming back. He's not subject to waivers:

Ryan isn't subject to waivers, and the Tampa Bay beat writers speculate he could quickly be added back to the 53-man roster after some other moves are made to get to compliance. It would be a surprise if Ryan isn't back with the Bucs by Week 1.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, indifference said:

I called that Tyler Johnson cut weeks ago.

We’re just that deep at the position. He’s a solid WR prospect but truth be told he doesnt offer anything what the roster already has. Not really a good run blocker, struggles in press coverage in man, and cant go deep.

Miller & Darden offer things this team lacks which is vertical speed. Thompkins will probably be on the PS

Agree with this. Julio and Godwin are purely excellent route runners. So is Evans. Gage has speed but Darden and Miller can really take the top off the defense. 

I like Johnson, and hope he can catch on somewhere and get more time - even if its Atlanta or Carolina lol. 

On 8/31/2022 at 5:09 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

That's what I'm saying

I thought Perriman was a 💯 lock to get cut

I dunno where I heard/read it but one of the main reasons they kept Perriman over Tyler Johnson was because of his special teams play.   Apparently Johnson doesn't really play ST and Perriman is a good ST player (when healthy).    

11 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

I dunno where I heard/read it but one of the main reasons they kept Perriman over Tyler Johnson was because of his special teams play.   Apparently Johnson doesn't really play ST and Perriman is a good ST player (when healthy).    

I can see it

I just can't believe we couldn't get at least a 7th for TJ