Preseason Week 1: Jaguars @ Raiders - TNF Babyyyy

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

So basically Leatherwood or Mumford are the only hope at RT 

Leatherwood looked way better than Parker last night but Parker had the #1 pick on him and looked very ugly at Lt so I dunno. I’m not a fan of oline switching sides imo only a few can do it successfully.

wanted to see leatherwood vs #1 pick at least once but nooo he wanted to do 1 v 1’s with Parker.

cotton tho wow he looks like a stud

oline looks better but still soft

defense looked sharper 

zues has so much burst so glad we drafted a fast rb

josh idk why he played but he looked the same including being caught from behind by a dt

team as a whole way less flags 

our depth was better than Jax 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Leatherwood looked way better than Parker last night but Parker had the #1 pick on him and looked very ugly at Lt so I dunno. I’m not a fan of oline switching sides imo only a few can do it successfully.

wanted to see leatherwood vs #1 pick at least once but nooo he wanted to do 1 v 1’s with Parker.

defense looked sharper 

josh idk why he played but he looked the same including being caught from behind by a dt

So not fair to Parker to have him competing and training at RT all offseason, than throw him at LT vs number 1 pick in first game and expect him not to look bad. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

So not fair to Parker to have him competing and training at RT all offseason, than throw him at LT vs number 1 pick in first game and expect him not to look bad. 

I missed the first half so I did not see it but if he has not been getting a lot of reps as a LT I would not expect him to look good.  Would have been nice to see Leatherwood play left side for a series or 2.  

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

defense looked sharper 

Parker vs a rookie I don't care what pick he was, Parker is garbage time to find a legit swing Tackle because he's not it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Parker is supposed to be the swing tackle and I'm sure he got plenty of reps at LT going into this game since Miller wasn't playing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dante9876 said:

It's his natural position. Most argue he's looked better there in his career. It's year 5. He is who he and they need to get better options at OT. 

• Like 3

No excuses for Parker plz, BPs right. Can’t count how many times I’ve read he’s better off as LT.  Stidham did kinda step into that but he’s certainly not responsible for parkers run blocking grade. Cut bait for cryin out loud. I honestly think With just a little time Munford will be the better option. Leatherwood looked like a different man. Cotton and Simpson looked pretty decent. James definitely underestimated mumas speed and instincts on one play. But he was ok most of the time. Every RB looked as advertised except drake but he’s coming back from a serious injury so he gets a pass for now. Wrs looked decent with the exception of some cringe-worthy drops (Johnson and hollins) qbs were ok. Yes! We ALL can agree that the screen game is exciting, needed and WAAAAY overdue! Defense was solid but the rush left something to be desired imho. Join with was solid and vickers too, but that was kind of it..... imo....we need suh. Period. Special teams was great as usual , I know I’m not the only one who noticed carlsons kick offs.... he was working the edges between the GL and 10 yd line pretty damn perfect almost. Overall good effort, not too many flags and a W for jmd at his homecoming. 

• Like 1