Ryan Kerrigan Retiring

turtle28

Such a great player for this franchise. I remember the debates leading up to the 2011 draft, should we take a QB, which one? Should we take a defender to improve an awful 2010 defense, which one? Von Miller, JJ Watt, Robert Quinn, Cameron Jordan & Ryan Kerrigan were all in discussion in this forum as options.

I remember a lot of people not being sure if Kerrigan had the athleticism to play in the 3-4. Personally, I believed he could, as I know the 3-4 OLB was very similar to a 4-3 DE the difference being that every so often they’d be asked to drop into short zone to cover in the 3-4.

So, I thought if we traded down that he could be an option. His Jersey is the last jersey I bought personally. So, I loved him & I'm so happy he’s retiring as a Redskin.

Edited by turtle28

Jake Locker at #8.. Maybe Tenn. saved our butt. I kinda wanted him-always trying to find the Q B.

And Yes congrats tp Kerrigan ! Think he's mostly in one piece . Glad he can get out when the getting is good ! Wasn't it his first game he batted a ball in the air, caught and scored - Giants ?  Seems like yesstidy ! dayam .

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Jake Locker at #8.. Maybe Tenn. saved our butt. I kinda wanted him-always trying to find the Q B.

And Yes congrats tp Kerrigan ! Think he's mostly in one piece . Glad he can get out when the getting is good ! Wasn't it his first game he batted a ball in the air, caught and scored - Giants ?  Seems like yesstidy ! dayam .

I was a Blaine Gabbert guy! 😂 I remember @footy_29 killing me over liking Gabbert. Footy was much better than me at watching & knowing the film back then, I was just looking  at Gabbert’s stats. I was definitely dooped by Gabbert’s impressive college stats.

I really wanted Von Miller the most & after I’m Robert Quinn but, we won a few too many games w/ McNabb at QB in 2010 to be able to draft Von Miller. We passed on JJ Watt & Robert Quinn in order to trade down for more picks in later rounds & then we took Kerrigan.

For as great as Kerrigan was for us, trading down & passing on Watt & Quinn turned out to be a stupid move by Shanahan. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by turtle28