Panthers Put Rookie WR Samuel on IR

fretgod99

He's having season-ending surgery following his injury during last night's win against the Dolphins.

People questioned why the Panthers traded away Benjamin, their leading WR. Part of that had to do with getting speedier playmakers like Samuel opportunities. He hadn't had a huge impact yet, but was trending upward with some nice catches and third down conversions against the Dolphins. Hopefully, Russell Sheperd quits dropping wide open receptions going forward ...

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

As the old adage goes, you reap what you sow. 

I hope they don't feel dumb for trading away their top receiver now. 

Panthers since 2014 when they drafted Benji

With Benji playing: 19-22-1
With Benji not playing: 19-2

Marty Hurney is a GENIUS for trading him away tbh. All of us thought it was dumb as heck at first but clearly we are not on the same plane as the GOAT GM. He and Rivera said this would allow us to put more speed on the field to get teams to stop stacking the box against us... and whaddya know... 495 rush yards the past two games! Went from averaging 97 rush yards per game to 127 in just two weeks!

Of course this makes me wonder: why the hell did we always start Benji and Funchess together instead of rotating them on a constant basis?

Whatever. I guess it is better to find a solution later than never.

9 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

You know Smitty could suit up today and probably drop a 6/85/1 line, while trash talking a DB into an eating disorder.

I say do it.

And remember his panther celebration days? When he was doing the rowboat? It would be awesome. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

And remember his panther celebration days? When he was doing the rowboat? It would be awesome. 

He has free reign to do whatever now - he could legit bring a rowboat on to the field and row his way wherever. 

Given his new gig, I'd kill to see him roast a DB on a post route, break out a hot microphone and do an on field interview with the DB he victimized...

"Say bruh? Say bruh? What happened on that, you just got dusted by an old man bruh!? Go ice up son, now get off my field!"

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

He has free reign to do whatever now - he could legit bring a rowboat on to the field and row his way wherever. 

Given his new gig, I'd kill to see him roast a DB on a post route, break out a hot microphone and do an on field interview with the DB he victimized...

"Say bruh? Say bruh? What happened on that, you just got dusted by an old man bruh!? Go ice up son, now get off my field!"

"PS: If you are watching this Irvin, Im still planning on whupping yo butt"

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/27/16559954/steve-smith-michael-irvin-pants-fight-broadcast

Archived