Rob Kelley and Will Compton to IR

MKnight82

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/11/14/redskins-to-sign-rb-byron-marshall-off-the-eagles-practice-squad/?utm_term=.ceb90c1dd410

The Redskins have placed running back Rob Kelley and linebacker Will Compton on injured reserve for ailments suffered in Sunday’s loss to the Minnesota Vikings, the team announced Tuesday.

Kelley sprained his medial collateral ligament in his knee and aggravated an already sprained ankle during the first quarter, while Compton had a lisfranc sprain in his foot. Neither returned to the game after their injuries.

Kelley and Compton were expected to miss multiple games following their MRI exams on Monday as Redskins Coach Jay Gruden hinted at the possibility of putting them both on injured reserve to make room on the roster for other acquisitions.

[EDITED BY MODERATOR: Please don't quote more than three paragraphs from an article]

Well, all I can say is wow! We sure have been bit with the injury bug this year. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking but I think there’s a strong  possibly both Compton and Kelley have played their last game as Redskins. I really hope we draft an ILB and RB within the first 3 rounds of the 2018 draft. I like both guys and think they are both intelligent football players who give it their all on the field but neither are overly athletic or fast enough to be good as their jobs. We need to replace both with faster and younger players who can be difference makers.

I’m hopeful that both Perine and Spaight take advantage of their opportunities and prove that they could be long term answers for us at ILB & Rb but we still need to draft faster and more talented players at each position.

Here’s to hoping that JHC, Pete Robertson, Caraun Reid and Byron Marshall flash as well. We all saw JHC and Robertson flash in the preseason and I read that when given the opportunity last year that Marshall flashed for the Eagles.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/11/14/redskins-to-sign-rb-byron-marshall-off-the-eagles-practice-squad/?utm_term=.73b2c1b6a73b

Marshall, a 2016 undrafted free agent out of Oregon, has spent the entire season on Philadelphia’s practice squad. He was on the Eagles’ active roster for the final three games of his rookie season, recording 64 yards on 19 carries and three receptions for 10 yards. Marshall, 23, also returned two kicks.

In four preseason games, Marshall recorded 31 carries for 111 yards and a touchdown to go along with four receptions for 14 yards.

Reid, listed at 6-foot-2 and 298 pounds, has recorded three sacks in 34 games (12 starts) during his four-year career. He has played just one game this season, with the Detroit Lions, before he was released.

[EDITED BY MODERATOR: Please don't quote more than three paragraphs from an article]

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

In corresponding moves the Redskins signed DL Caraun Reid and HB Byron Marshall.

In another corresponding move the Redskins to sign inside linebacker Zach Vigil to take Will Compton’s spot 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/15/washington-to-sign-linebacker-zach-vigil/ 

Makes sense, he was with us in the offseason and preseason. He also was active for a 2 regular season games last December.

Vigil was released by Washington at the end of training camp after appearing in two games for the team last season.

Vigil appeared in 23 games with the Miami Dolphins over two seasons. He made two starts and recorded a total of 20 tackles before being waived last December. The Redskins claimed him on waivers and he remained with the team throughout the offseason before being released in early September.

Vigil spent most of the next two months on the Buffalo Bills practice squad before being released on Oct. 31.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

The old Hokies RB Ryan Williams? Even I'd tell you that's a mistake.

He means Ryan Matthews. 

Little Sweetness would've been good but the inquires just destroyed his career. Really sucks. Best RB we had since Lee Suggs. 

Something's gotta change.  Heads need to roll.  It's beyond just bad luck at this point.  We were 31st in adjusted games lost in 2015, 28th in adjusted games lost in 2016, and we're bound to be 32nd in adjusted games lost this season.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2017/2016-adjusted-games-lost

The only reason we haven't ended up with top 5 picks both years is the stability we've had at the QB position.  

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

Well that is unfortunate because neither of them are going to help him get this team any better. At least Ryan Gruden has been sufficient this season. 

If I’m the skins I re-sign Grant, he’s proven to be a good #4 option, but we need to get an upgrade over him as a starter for next year, preferably a burner with 4.4 or better speed in either the draft or free agency. I’m a big fan of drafting Calvin Ridley in round 1 if he falls to us.

Archived