THE PLAN for Curtis Samuel

RSkinGM

From what I gather & reading, is that there's no sense of urgency with Curtis Samuel.

Apparently, he's out of football shape & needs as many breaks from that & possibly previous injury.

Let's hope this is false & that there are just elements we don't understand at the moment.

Cause it's starting to sound like after we gave him his new contract deal, he's just coasting the rest of the way.

Kind of upsetting because if anybody would have known his work ethic, it would have been Rivera.

Let's just hope that's not it & Curtis is just dealing with his body healing & getting into football shape from the inactivity from surgery.

We really need this dude at his game, to see the full potential of this offense.

So keep our fingers crossed.

6 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

From what I gather & reading, is that there's no sense of urgency with Curtis Samuel.

Apparently, he's out of football shape & needs as many breaks from that & possibly previous injury.

Let's hope this is false & that there are just elements we don't understand at the moment.

Cause it's starting to sound like after we gave him his new contract deal, he's just coasting the rest of the way.

Kind of upsetting because if anybody would have known his work ethic, it would have been Rivera.

Let's just hope that's not it & Curtis is just dealing with his body healing & getting into football shape from the inactivity from surgery.

We really need this dude at his game, to see the full potential of this offense.

So keep our fingers crossed.

I don’t think work ethic is his problem, I think last year he was hurt and he should’ve just been put on IR to start the year. Then, after a month or more he could’ve tried to return for the 2nd half of the year. Rivera botched that.

This off-season it’s frustrating but at least they’re taking it slower with him. Whether that pans out or not, remains to be seen. It seems to me that they don’t want him to reinjure anything so they’re being extra cautious. It’s annoying but hopefully the approach pays off in 40 days when the season starts.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think work ethic is his problem, I think last year he was hurt and he should’ve just been put on IR to start the year. Then, after a month or more he could’ve tried to return for the 2nd half of the year. Rivera botched that.

This off-season it’s frustrating but at least they’re taking it slower with him. Whether that pans out or not, remains to be seen. It seems to me that they don’t want him to reinjure anything so they’re being extra cautious. It’s annoying but hopefully the approach pays off in 40 days when the season starts.

Rivera has made a lot of “not in football shape” comments that sorta suggest he could have been in better condition when he reported. 

Maybe it just wasn’t possible based on injuries and rehab and what he was capable of doing — but it sure sounds suspiciously like he’s not been great about getting his body where it ought to be. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Rivera has made a lot of “not in football shape” comments that sorta suggest he could have been in better condition when he reported. 

Maybe it just wasn’t possible based on injuries and rehab and what he was capable of doing — but it sure sounds suspiciously like he’s not been great about getting his body where it ought to be. 

Could be but maybe he wasn’t able to. I have no clue, we’re all just guessing bc Rivera is being so vague about it and has been for 13 months now.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

And when he does, what’s next? I feel like the goal posts will forever move with you and Samuel.

a) that's hilarious because you'll have to explain to me how I moved them. I can find where you are.

b) 3 days in a row would be a record probably, so I would be happy

c) I'm scared he's just Paul Rich 2.0, who I already was proven very correct about. 

On 8/2/2022 at 12:06 PM, turtle28 said:

Even I’ve grown tired of the Curtis Samuel dog and pony show. I can’t stand how Rivera is misleading everyone at press conferences either. Definitely reminds me of listening to Mike Shanahan’s press conferences from a decade ago. 

I’m hopeful that the way they’re treating Samuel is just precautionary but this is very alarming. We’ve since the day Samuel made his big juke move on Juice that everyone loved, he’s been limited in practice which to me is worrisome that he aggravated something when he did that move.

I’m still hopeful he’s good to go week 1 & can ply most of the season but I don’t believe it will happen.

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

a) that's hilarious because you'll have to explain to me how I moved them. I can find where you are.

b) 3 days in a row would be a record probably, so I would be happy

c) I'm scared he's just Paul Rich 2.0, who I already was proven very correct about. 

I didn’t say you had, I said I feel like you will. I feel like when he does your 3 practices in a row that you’ll come up with another hoop he has to jump through. Which I think it fine bc I’m in the same boat, I have to believe it to see it with Samuel too.

I too am scared his injuries won’t allow him to be the player we need him to be. I can’t do anything about it though but hope he does play like he’s capable of & that’s all I can do.

Yes, you were right about PRich. Here’s your cookie:

Cookie Monster GIF