Week 11: Atlanta Falcons @ Seattle Seahawks

showtime

aZAm8bb.png

Primetime Monday Night Football!!!!

The Falcons have been an up and down team all season, but they are in the thick of the wild card hunt right now.  A win here puts the Falcons into prime position for one of the two wild card spots.  A win for the Seahawks helps them keep pace with the Rams in the NFC West.

How do you guys think the Seahawks secondary stacks up against the Falcons offensive receiving weapons?  I am way less optimistic without Richard Sherman, but maybe some of you guys are more positive than I am.  Also, the Falcons managed to get a ton of pressure on Dak Prescott last week.  Granted the Cowboys did not have Tyron Smith, but I'm really worried about the type of pressure they might be able to generate against Russell Wilson.

@evilpimp972 @Meeker @Tatupu_64 @brazilianguy @animaltested @Sacks98 @ThirtyOne-EightyNine @Zman724

Ill be waiting for injury report to come out. Doom and Gloom level will be based on that. Stout defense is suddenly thin as tissue paper across the board. One of the worst teams to play against with a makeshift defensive line (Relying on Dion Jordan.... doof) and a banged up, possibly Non-LOB secondary. Scary possibility indeed.

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

Everyone ready for the Legion of Gloom!

Shaq Griffin (Rookie, big flaws)

Byron Maxwell (2nd hand donation)

Delanio Hill (Rookie)

Bradley McDougal (Good)

Jeremy Lane (Not good)

Seems like the perfect bunch to hold the Falcons in check.

Looks more like the Legion of Whom? ;)

(Okay, yours is better. I'm going to steal that. Be warned.)

Earl is gonna play which is nice. jarren Reed might as well. Duane Brown is a big question mark, which is sad.

No BamBam is gonna suck. Defense has significantly regressed when ever he isnt on the field (sample size from the last three years). I assume McDougald will slide over. Will be interesting to see if Delanio Hill find his way onto the field. Showed a little BabyBamBam in the pre-season.

With Dwight Freeny banged up, MB playing with a bum leg, guess who will have to really step up if Seattle is going to win.... Dion Jordan. Its really depressing I had to write that sentence.

Clark, Richardson, Naz better bring their A++++ game on Monday.

We need a big dose of J.D. ( I hope we cut China doll Prosise).  JD is our most explosive player and we've seen the mismatches he presents.

Screens, Screens, Screens and wheel routes (don't get cute and have McEvoy attempt a pass) Really? J.D. is the man. 12 touches and run him just a few times.

I'll take a fake jet sweep going weakside with RW rolling right looking for Doug or Jimmy. This game plan is a very simple one. Will Bevell screw it up with Up the

middle runs? We'll need 30 points and JD is the guy. Then go PRich on 9 routes or Lockett on deep outs. Misdirection with JD will help neutralize the Falcon's speedy D.

Ryan will carve us up with intermediate routes vs zone and then going deep.

We need 30+ and JD is the key to the contest. Book it.

2 hours ago, Zman724 said:

We need a big dose of J.D. ( I hope we cut China doll Prosise).  JD is our most explosive player and we've seen the mismatches he presents.

Screens, Screens, Screens and wheel routes (don't get cute and have McEvoy attempt a pass) Really? J.D. is the man. 12 touches and run him just a few times.

I'll take a fake jet sweep going weakside with RW rolling right looking for Doug or Jimmy. This game plan is a very simple one. Will Bevell screw it up with Up the

middle runs? We'll need 30 points and JD is the guy. Then go PRich on 9 routes or Lockett on deep outs. Misdirection with JD will help neutralize the Falcon's speedy D.

Ryan will carve us up with intermediate routes vs zone and then going deep.

We need 30+ and JD is the key to the contest. Book it.

Nice post.  I'm hoping you're right.  I agree that the Seahawks definitely should try and limit runs up the middle because we have seen all season that they are not effective.  McKissic has been great and I agree that the Seahawks need to continue to feed him and get him in space.

Keep running the screens! The screen to Davis was the screen I wanted for JD but, nonetheless, it was successful.  Roll right and toss left. 

Ya' gotta like Mike Davis and his power. 

Wilson needs to keep his eyes on Ifedi, who is a turd! More screens. More screens! 

C'mon Hawks! It's there.

Archived