Around the League 2022

Bobby816

14 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Never. I just don't want us to jinx it by saying he won't be playing 🤣🤣

Never know is right. But he already has the 6 game suspension. Take Kamara for example. He has his case but has delayed it, so there's no trial yet. So he probably will be able to play all season by pushing back the court dates. He didn't receive a suspension yet bc he's technically isn't guilty of anything "yet." Where Watson has settled out of all these cases. Let's be real who sheds out tens of millions of dollars to settle cases if they're not guilty. So I think it's best for him and his legal team to just take the small suspension he got for "raping" over 25 women. A 6 game suspension for something that serious is a shame tbh. So to even push the envelope to try and get nothing or less seems absurd.

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Never know is right. But he already has the 6 game suspension. Take Kamara for example. He has his case but has delayed it, so there's no trial yet. So he probably will be able to play all season by pushing back the court dates. He didn't receive a suspension yet bc he's technically isn't guilty of anything "yet." Where Watson has settled out of all these cases. Let's be real who sheds out tens of millions of dollars to settle cases if they're not guilty. So I think it's best for him and his legal team to just take the small suspension he got for "raping" over 25 women. A 6 game suspension for something that serious is a shame tbh. So to even push the envelope to try and get nothing or less seems absurd.

Well the players union is going to. You can count on it. They weren't going to for whatever the judge gave but now this is going to drag out 

From what I understand with Watson is that he currently has a 6 game suspension.  That will be carried out during the appeals process which the NFL is initiating.  During any appeals process the current status of the individual in question remains status quo until the appeals process plays out.  So if a person is not suspended while the process takes place, he will be able to do everything like he is not suspended.  Watson is already suspended so any appeal will not change that status.

As for the appeal itself, whatever the "new" arbitrator determines MUST be honored by the league and the union.  If the "new" arbitrator determines 6 games is sufficient, then that is what will happen.  If the "new" arbitrator determines that a more severe punishment is warranted, that is what will happen.

What this all boils down to is that Watson has a 6 game suspension.  My guess is the "new" arbitrator will keep the 6 games and then this will be over.  At least until another woman comes forward after this is settled and re-opens a can of worms.

As for playing Cleveland with or without Watson, I am of the opinion that we will learn more about the Jets playing tough against a good team than playing against a scrub QB.  It would kind of be like the Yankees.  They have the best record but can't beat Houston.  They will make the playoffs but probably not the WS.  For the Yankees, that is a failure.

Edited by xrade

Watson is out first 6 games no matter what. The NFL is appealing because they want at least a year. Watson and the union are fine with the 6 games. I for one think it is a joke if you look back on what the punishments have been. Heck Josh Gordon was gone for like 8 or 10 games first time he got caught with weed. I use to like Watson but now I can't stand him. Why would a guy shell out millions (10 mill is reported) to 20 plus girls. Then to add to it the Texans knew about this and did nothing. I for one would love to see him sit the year again and lose all his money that year to a fine. I'm just glad the Jets stayed out of this. I hope Mayfield tears it up with the Panthers and it makes the Browns look like clowns for giving away a franchise QB for this guy. 

In reality the NFL should be embarrassed that a guy that "in essence" admitted and settled out of raping 25+ women is only getting a 6 game suspension.

Calvin Ridley bets on the NFL and gets a year.

Think about that. The suspension for betting is 3 times worse than raping 25+ women.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

that a guy that "in essence" admitted and settled out of raping 25+ women

Rape is a strong word. No one ever accused him of rape. Rape is the unsolicited, unwanted sometimes forcible action of performing sex on another person. I don’t believe Watson did that. I think he is just an ****ed up pervert who gets off fondling himself in front of women.

Now, I say this without knowing all the circumstances. The point is “rape” was never mentioned by the victims. At least as far as I know and a Texas grand jury did not find enough evidence for criminal prosecution.

I still think he is a pig and  POS human being, but not a rapist.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

In reality the NFL should be embarrassed that a guy that "in essence" admitted and settled out of raping 25+ women is only getting a 6 game suspension.

Calvin Ridley bets on the NFL and gets a year.

Think about that. The suspension for betting is 3 times worse than raping 25+ women.

He didn’t rape anyone. 

The league made a mistake in how they negotiated these punishments with the NFLPA, that’s what the judge wouldn’t allow them to suspend him longer than the guidelines and precedent allowed. 

Can’t really compare it to Ridley’s situation as he was also suspended under the guidelines agreed upon.

Watson is a weird dude clearly, has a sex problem/addiction that he definitely needs to have addressed. I think that’s far more important than him missing games because it’s not gonna help anyone honestly. Rehabilitation does far more than punishment ever will.

58 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

The whole Watson situation is weird. They recently brought up how the team was setting some of this stuff up and had to pay off settlements. Really bad situation. I was surprised by the 6 game decision with how big this was. 

Roger G. is not done yet. Even he knows Watson just can't walk away with 6 games. Just look at what they did to Josh Gordon and that was just weed. The NFL will push back hard and they will find a happy medium. I think sitting out this year is about right. Then the problem comes does he get paid and if so how much and what will his fine be. In the end I'm so HAPPY the Jets stayed away from this. 

• 5 weeks later...