Around the League 2022

Bobby816

10 hours ago, xrade said:

This is where our pass rush has to step up.  I am still not sold on Tua just yet.  Get in his face and that will go a long way in slowing down Waddle and Hill.

The key is being able to get pressure with a 4 man front, because the Ravens blitzed a lot yesterday and they got burned for it. And if that offense is causing guys like Marcus Williams and Kyle Hamilton to be out of position, then I'm scared for what it's gonna cause Joyner to do.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

What was your first  clue Rick, 36 for 50 467 yards and 6  TD's, against Baltimore. He is the offensive player of the week . I never thought he would have a game .like that.

lol That's funny. No, I thought he did a good job last season without any real help. Parker wasn't that good to me and Waddle was hurt. I honestly can't name their starting RBs. They were a solid team overall, but the pieces really weren't there all season. He has a weak arm, but he makes pretty good decisions . The coaching staff is playing to his strengths and now has the most dangerous WR core in the league (imo). 

Tua is an average QB.  He is not a guy that will carry a team.  There are very few of those.  If a coach can recognize a QB's weaknesses and strengths, they can build around them which is what Miami seems to be doing.  Getting Hill was a great move by Miami recognizing that Tua wont be a long ball threat.  They got a guy that can catch a 10 yard pass and turn into a 50 yard completion.

7 hours ago, xrade said:

Tua is an average QB.  He is not a guy that will carry a team.  There are very few of those.  If a coach can recognize a QB's weaknesses and strengths, they can build around them which is what Miami seems to be doing.  Getting Hill was a great move by Miami recognizing that Tua wont be a long ball threat.  They got a guy that can catch a 10 yard pass and turn into a 50 yard completion.

Tua can absolutely be a deep ball threat.  He doesn't have the arm strength for small windows.  That's what you have to force him into doing.  Hill and Waddle can just outrace dudes and he can lob it way out there and let them run to it.  He underthrew Hill on a long pass in Baltimore but Hill was so far ahead of his guy it didn't matter

• Like 1

Its crazy the guy I watched last night and these past two season is the same from the video.  Thats why I find it crazy when fans want to give up on Zach Wilson after not even a full season in the NFL or any other young struggling QB.  Will they all become Josh Allen great, obviously not, but if we drafted Josh Allen and he looked like this here the same people would of been ready to move on from him early as well.  

12 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Its crazy the guy I watched last night and these past two season is the same from the video.  Thats why I find it crazy when fans want to give up on Zach Wilson after not even a full season in the NFL or any other young struggling QB.  Will they all become Josh Allen great, obviously not, but if we drafted Josh Allen and he looked like this here the same people would of been ready to move on from him early as well.  

Only problem is we don't have a Brian Daboll or Ken Dorsey on our staff.

13 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Only problem is we don't have a Brian Daboll or Ken Dorsey on our staff.

I actually think LaFleur is a very good offensive mind 

And one thing people forget with Zach progression, beside the obvious sadness of the situation, Jets got a bad break with Greg Knapp passing away before last season, was hired to mentor both LaFleur and Zach.

Edited by Abe56

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

For real. People credit Daboll and Diggs as to why he got better but I always said it doesn’t matter who you’re throwing to if they’re open and you’re missing them by a mile. Allen progressed so much, it was honestly something no one would believe could happen. He deserves so much credit for the player he’s become. As for giving up on Zach the only ones doing so are the people who didn’t want him in the first place or those who choose to be cynical. Zach has to improve and he did towards the end of his rookie campaign but I don’t think he has to be a finished product this season or even next but the arrow has to continue to point forward.

Edited by KingOfNewYork

On 9/20/2022 at 8:23 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

Daboll and Dorsey were coaching Allen in that same video. 

So in other words their presence on the staff coincided with Allen's development. I honestly forgot about the Diggs trade that definitely helped too but we got our guy in GDub.