Around the League 2022

Bobby816

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

So in other words their presence on the staff coincided with Allen's development. I honestly forgot about the Diggs trade that definitely helped too but we got our guy in GDub.

No I'm saying they were also his coaches when he wasn't as good as he is now. Allen deserves more credit than he gets for his development. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No I'm saying they were also his coaches when he wasn't as good as he is now. Allen deserves more credit than he gets for his development. 

Yes a coaching change/scheme won't stop him from overthrowing his targets.  He's gotta work on that himself.  There's a reason why he's turning into a star and Josh Rosen is out of the league.  And it's not (solely) because of Daboll and Diggs.

• Like 1

Jets added a shutdown corner, and 4th DL with immense potential. Other than that the rest were FA or 1 year player signings. Williams will be in a contract year, he is not elite.

Next year, the Jets will still need LB's, DT, OL, S. The majority of the Jets needs are on Defense, and as of yet our "hopeful" pass rush have been hopelessly wanting.

1 hour ago, Big T said:

Jets added a shutdown corner, and 4th DL with immense potential. Other than that the rest were FA or 1 year player signings. Williams will be in a contract year, he is not elite.

Next year, the Jets will still need LB's, DT, OL, S. The majority of the Jets needs are on Defense, and as of yet our "hopeful" pass rush have been hopelessly wanting.

I think the D talent is there it’s just being misused by the crappy zone scheme the Jets run. We certainly need the DL to win their one on one matchups, but with the quick passing game teams are employing against the Jets, the defenders just can’t get there in time.

Depending on what Q asks for, we should resign him. Why create a hole?  We certainly need S and OL - probably OT, OC and maybe OG. Maybe a LB but that should be lower on the list. We still have Mosley whether we want him or not and we can resign Kwon who is not terrible.