Hard Knocks / Training Camp

bucsfan333

43 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Anyone be opposed to bringing in Mario Williams as a camp body/fill in for Smith? I know we have someone that's type of mold in Gholston but to me Williams would be a decent rotation guy.

I thought he gave up in Miami. If that's the case, I'll pass.

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I thought he gave up in Miami. If that's the case, I'll pass.

It makes me wonder if he gave up because of the team or what but he had shown that in an aggressive system like Rex Ryan's, he was still playing at a high level.  

9 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

It makes me wonder if he gave up because of the team or what but he had shown that in an aggressive system like Rex Ryan's, he was still playing at a high level.  

I'm just weary of bringing in a guy like that. We've been working hard the last few off-seasons bringing in high character guys and trying to change the culture here. It looks like we've finally done it. I don't wanna bring in a guy that's been around the league forever that quits.

“What we learned about Keith is that he does a great job with preparation and he made plays. He made plays and that’s what you want. So, Keith is working with the first team right now and he’s going to be a hard guy to get out of there.”

That's from Dirk. Pretty much everyone from our secondary balled out yesterday. Gotta imagine he starts, unless he gets hurt. He's been great since he started at the end of last year.

"Was just asked on the live show about KR candidates & they're doing that right now! Bobo Wilson, Bernard Reedy, Donteea Dye got reps."

"Donteea Dye first up on kick return reps today, followed by Josh Huff and Bobo Wilson. #Bucs"

"Kick return group (first time seeing it): Bobo Wilson, Reedy, Hansbrough, Dye"

I really hope Bobo wins. I'm not sure why but I'm pulling for him to make the team.

Good to see Godwin getting a lot of praise because the depth outside has been suspect at the WR position.  Koetter is going to run a ton of 2 TE sets this season.  Howard is going to do a lot of damage with Evans and Jackson on the outside.  I still expect a real good season from Brate, but his strength wasn't in line blocking.  Howard should also make a difference in the running game.  

Good. Whoever starts at SAM is only gonna play about 35% of the time. But that's still about 400 snaps. I didn't get the pick at the time (or the trade up), but it makes sense now. We need a thumper and that's exactly what Beckwith is. Bond better step up his game if he wants to see the field.

Archived