Hard Knocks / Training Camp

bucsfan333

On ‎2017‎/‎08‎/‎02 at 8:51 AM, bucsfan333 said:

The only time I read about Godwin, it's all praise. He's been ballin'. Koetter needs to get creative and figure out how to get him on the field more.

Godwin was a steal in the third round. Penn State had no QB to get him the football but he showed ability despite that. That USC bowl game performance sold me that he can be a starter in this league for a long time.

19 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Agreed, that's what made Anger such a weapon by getting near midfield most times giving him a chance to pin teams deep.  I think the addition of Howard is crucial in the red zone.   Not necessarily with more targets then other guys, but being able to stay in 2 TEs inside the 20 allows them to go against base defenses more, which should allow for match up problems in the passing game.  If a team wants to go to  nickel, very advantageous to run the ball.

Yeah we really could not score touchdowns as much as the offense was able to move the ball. Too many drives were stalled out in the red zone because down there is just not much space to operate. The best red zone offenses usually have a good running game. Bucs had no run game to speak of thus why it so much on Winston for us to win. Sweezy, and Howard will improve the run blocking and should help our red zone efficiency go up.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I love it.

Gerald has only played sixteen games twice in his seven year career and this is the most talent he's ever had around him. If he can stay healthy all year getting his first double digit (10-12) sack season shouldn't be a problem.  

Dare I write Aguayo is quietly continuing to win the kicking job.  I didn't think he had a good shot to win the job, but I hope he proves me wrong. If he wins the job in preseason,  I don't expect some reversal of fortune during the season.   He s certainly understand plenty of pressure right now. 

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Dare I write Aguayo is quietly continuing to win the kicking job.  I didn't think he had a good shot to win the job, but I hope he proves me wrong. If he wins the job in preseason,  I don't expect some reversal of fortune during the season.   He s certainly understand plenty of pressure right now. 

He was given the job last year. He had no idea what the NFL was like. And he crumbled. He definitely seems to be embracing it this year and running with it.

38 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He needs to get his butt back returning kicks.

We've run end arounds with DJax too. It's a nice little wrinkle, and hopefully something we do just enough to keep defenses honest. Maybe once every few weeks.

Apparently  Benenoch got some work with the 1st team online at RT.  Looking forward to seeing how much he improves considering his late start last year because of UCLAs late graduation, then ankle sprain. 

27 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Apparently  Benenoch got some work with the 1st team online at RT.  Looking forward to seeing how much he improves considering his late start last year because of UCLAs late graduation, then ankle sprain. 

Wester got reps at LT too.

Archived