Hard Knocks / Training Camp

bucsfan333

Quizz is 27. He was decent in Atlanta with limited touches. And he showed last year that he can carry the load if he needs to.

I'm not the biggest Sims fan either. But Koetter makes it sound like he's been the second most impressive back at camp. His 500/500 season was historic; he's the only RB to ever average five yards per carry and 10 yards per reception in the same season.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Quizz is 27. He was decent in Atlanta with limited touches. And he showed last year that he can carry the load if he needs to.

I'm not the biggest Sims fan either. But Koetter makes it sound like he's been the second most impressive back at camp. His 500/500 season was historic; he's the only RB to ever average five yards per carry and 10 yards per reception in the same season.

Agreed. Bucs don't need to do anything about their RB situation. Martin will be back in 3 weeks and these games are going to be won and loss through Winston anyway. 

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Assuming no more injuries, I would assume they start the season with 6 CBs  (placing Robinson in this group) and 4 safeties.

That would be my guess too;

Grimes, VHIII, Smith, Elliot, McClain, Robinson

Tandy, Conte, Wilcox, Evans

39 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Glanton is one of those glue guys.  You hope Kwon and Lavonte stay healthy,  but I feel Glanton could at least be capable if called upon.  Not to mention Beckwith.   

If Glanton is actually as good as he showed against Jacksonville, he should be starting somewhere in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I'm getting a bit concerned about Kwon's hamstring injury. Whilst he didn't seem to be hurting too badly, it was a non-contact injury. Hopefully him being held out is purely precautionary and he's good to go for game 1. 

Dotson and Bounce have both been out with injuries too. We held Marpet out a couple weeks ago. Koetter always says it's precautionary, but they could play if needed. I would think the almost three weeks he'll get should be enough time for him to heal enough that he doesn't immediately reaggravate it.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Dotson and Bounce have both been out with injuries too. We held Marpet out a couple weeks ago. Koetter always says it's precautionary, but they could play if needed. I would think the almost three weeks he'll get should be enough time for him to heal enough that he doesn't immediately reaggravate it.

At least the team doesn't have Dane Fletcher waiting to fill in.  That was painful to watch.  

Archived