Most people on this forum eat bad food

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Well…we are fat.

The EU is getting pretty darn close to the US when it comes to obesity % i don’t remember if the article I read was talking about obesity % in teens or people In general though it was a few months ago   

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This morning post lifting and cardio workouts I had some naan bread with 2 eggs, guacamole, and cashews. @ET80 let’s turn this into a thread to prove him wrong.

I’m in!

Today was turkey chorizo (6oz) and egg whites (4 total eggs) with seasoned braised cabbage, carrots and celery, with two slices of avocado and light sour cream.

Went down like a dream. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

I’m in!

Today was turkey chorizo (6oz) and egg whites (4 total eggs) with seasoned braised cabbage, carrots and celery, with two slices of avocado and light sour cream.

Went down like a dream. 

Lunch was a small beef patty (5oz) with stone ground mustard, chopped onions and tomatoes wrapped in romaine lettuce with cucumber slices mixed with feta cheese, black olive slices, virgin olive oil and white vinegar.

Dinner was rotisserie chicken (4oz) with the rest of the braised cabbage from this morning.

I now like this thread.

• Like 1

Anyone can eat healthy pretty easily in non third world countries. It’s more of the culture in America to eat horrendous food and schools don’t teach you otherwise. 

You can any whole foods every meal and make it delicious. I eat lots of chicken breast (organic), lots of egg whites (and sometimes whole eggs), lots of lean steak like Filets and Top Sirloin, lots of Veggies especially greens, and tons of rice/potatoes for carbs. 

Also eat unhealthy stuff like cheese a lot, but cheese is the greatest thing ever invented. 

Funny part is that true 'American cuisine' is literally a melting pot of the world's different regions and their foods. You have heavy influences of French, English, German all across the country and Creole, Asian, Caribbean and Mexican influences in regionalized parts of the country. 

The QSR/fast food that most accustom American food too can literally be found in every country...

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

Lunch was a small beef patty (5oz) with stone ground mustard, chopped onions and tomatoes wrapped in romaine lettuce with cucumber slices mixed with feta cheese, black olive slices, virgin olive oil and white vinegar.

Dinner was rotisserie chicken (4oz) with the rest of the braised cabbage from this morning.

I now like this thread.

Breakfast I had 2 eggs, an apple, and 1/4 cup cashews.

Grilled chicken salad with 2 TBSP blue cheese dressing for lunch.

I downloaded MyFitnessPal and linked my Fitbit. Day 1 doing this but I think it could be close to life changing in a positive way. I know I’m never going to track macros, but counting calories and tracking deficits in combination with exercise is what I’m going for.