Most people on this forum eat bad food

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

- Breakfast was light, two eggs (scrambled) and a cup of spinach with salt, pepper and sirracha.

- Lunch was heavier, went up Fuddruckers with my son; Had the grilled chicken avocado crunch sandwich with bacon and jalapeños (I threw out the top bread and ate it open faced). Had a few of my son’s french fries, much to his chagrin.

- Dinner is going to be some mixed greens, tomatoes, feta cheese and cucumbers with about 4-6 oz of chicken.

Breakfast was 2 cups black coffee.

Lunch was 10 turkey meatballs and a slice of Munster cheese on a pita, 2 dates, and 1/4 cup cashews.

1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 banana, 1 TBSP honey, 5.3 oz yogurt with TBSP honey almond granola.

I have 1,100 calories left for dinner tonight.

32 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Breakfast was 2 cups black coffee.

Lunch was 10 turkey meatballs and a slice of Munster cheese on a pita, 2 dates, and 1/4 cup cashews.

1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 banana, 1 TBSP honey, 5.3 oz yogurt with TBSP honey almond granola.

I have 1,100 calories left for dinner tonight.

Breakfast?

You eating breakfast??

37 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Breakfast?

You eating breakfast??

2 cups of coffee every morning. :) 

I am actually going to stop fasting M/T since I’m going low carb days so I’ll do a higher protein and fat breakfast like eggs, bacon, and some avocado.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

- Breakfast was light, two eggs (scrambled) and a cup of spinach with salt, pepper and sirracha.

- Lunch was heavier, went up Fuddruckers with my son; Had the grilled chicken avocado crunch sandwich with bacon and jalapeños (I threw out the top bread and ate it open faced). Had a few of my son’s french fries, much to his chagrin.

- Dinner is going to be some mixed greens, tomatoes, feta cheese and cucumbers with about 4-6 oz of chicken.

Just outta curiosity do you weigh them out when your doing your prep for your meal or how do you go about doing it?

Edited by mattyice0401

4 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Just outta curiosity do you weigh them out when your doing your prep for your meal or how do you go about doing it?

Personally, i always measure everything i eat very carefully.  Especially at breakfast time in the morning.  Because measuring my food is definitely something i have the time and patience for while i stumble through my routine like a zombie.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Yes - I bought a good scale and measure my proteins. Between that and using actual measuring cups for non proteins, it's totally cleaned up my diet. I highly recommend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's my biggest meal of the day.

I have been working out on a fast and then breaking that post AM workout with some proteins and fats, but I’m about to go back to eating a solid breakfast again, then trying to go super light lunch every day.

I’m down 2.4 pounds in the last week with a goal of 1 pound a week. I’m now to the point of where I have a line down my stomach and I can see a few more ribs on the lower portion.

I’m about 5 pounds away from my goal and then hoping to do some maintenance weight work and continue to tone.

The wife definitely gave me the lingering look up and down yesterday when I came inside to get cleaned up after mowing, so that’s always a good thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I have been working out on a fast and then breaking that post AM workout with some proteins and fats, but I’m about to go back to eating a solid breakfast again, then trying to go super light lunch every day.

I’m down 2.4 pounds in the last week with a goal of 1 pound a week. I’m now to the point of where I have a line down my stomach and I can see a few more ribs on the lower portion.

I’m about 5 pounds away from my goal and then hoping to do some maintenance weight work and continue to tone.

The wife definitely gave me the lingering look up and down yesterday when I came inside to get cleaned up after mowing, so that’s always a good thing.

Yo congrats keep it up!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Personally, i always measure everything i eat very carefully.  Especially at breakfast time in the morning.  Because measuring my food is definitely something i have the time and patience for while i stumble through my routine like a zombie.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yes - I bought a good scale and measure my proteins. Between that and using actual measuring cups for non proteins, it's totally cleaned up my diet. I highly recommend.

Thats something I'll probably look into It definitely takes patience and thats probably the biggest thing with it but sounds worth it

What kind of scale did you get @ET80?

Im not overweight (5'11 180 pounds) but Im at the point in my life where I care what I put into my body and want to take care of it the best I can, You only get 1 of them in your life time and its worth taking care of and treating well

So Im eating as much fruits and veggies (veggies mainly at dinner time) as I can I only drink water and a cup or 2 of coffee in the AM with my breakfast, The most unhealthy thing that I think I eat is chips and salsa most days for my lunch/snack

14 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Nothing fancy at all - something that displays in oz, like this:

Escali Primo P115C Precision Kitchen Food Scale for Baking and Cooking, Lightweight and Durable Design, LCD Digital Display, 8.5 x 6 x 1.5 inches, Chrome https://a.co/d/c2EgllI

Very simple, this actually might be better than mine...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Thats something I'll probably look into It definitely takes patience and thats probably the biggest thing with it but sounds worth it

Im not overweight (5'11 180 pounds) but Im at the point in my life where I care what I put into my body and want to take care of it the best I can, You only get 1 of them in your life time and its worth taking care of and treating well

So Im eating as much fruits and veggies (veggies mainly at dinner time) as I can I only drink water and a cup or 2 of coffee in the AM with my breakfast, The most unhealthy thing that I think I eat is chips and salsa most days for my lunch/snack

5’10 and 1/2 175 pounds checking in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

5’10 and 1/2 175 pounds checking in.

I feel like you have more muscle mass than I, I dont really work out at all, I'll go on a couple hour and a half walks a day which is about 10 miles give or take and do yoga for 30 minutes or so around mid day. I just cant get myself into working out, Its always been so boring for me personally, Something I wish I could get myself into maybe in the future. And I still have a little belly fat that I would like to get rid of as its the most unhealthy kinda of fat around, Id like to get where youre at with that line down my stomach but all In do time.

Edited by mattyice0401