Saints expected to sign LB Kiko Alonso UPDATE: Retires.

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Sweet.

When he was healthy and in his prime, he was such a fun player to watch.  Just flying around the field like a loosed missile with a slightly uncalibrated guidance system.

I think that’s why the Saints brought him in, they loved his attitude when he was last here, they just had other LBs they liked for a smaller salary. 

He’s a camp body at worst but could stick around as a high energy rah rah guy who knows the system and has played his role adequately in it before.

• Like 1

I'd have to imagine he's nothing more than a camp body at this point in his career.

36 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Sweet.

When he was healthy and in his prime, he was such a fun player to watch.  Just flying around the field like a loosed missile with a slightly uncalibrated guidance system.

If by "prime" you mean "just his rookie season", then yes. He was one of those players who looked like they were going to be special then dropped off a cliff (although in fairness, it was likely the injuries that doomed Kiko's career).

10 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'd have to imagine he's nothing more than a camp body at this point in his career.

If by "prime" you mean "just his rookie season", then yes. He was one of those players who looked like they were going to be special then dropped off a cliff (although in fairness, it was likely the injuries that doomed Kiko's career).

Pretty much.

The brightest stars often burn the fastest.  Or whatever.  lol.