Who was a better player during Prime: AP or Marshall Faulk

mdonnelly21

Who was a better player during Prime: AP or Marshall Faulk   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who was a better player during Prime: AP or Marshall Faulk

• AP
    • Marshall Faulk

It's Peterson easily. Faulk was obviously the vastly better receiver, but he also got to play on offenses that were significantly better for his entire prime. He had a Hall of Fame coach, a Hall of Fame QB, a great OL (that also had a Hall of Famer), and a Hall of Fame WR along with Tory Holt who should also be in the Hall. Only help Adrian Peterson had was 1 great season by Favre.

Peterson was a better pure runner and Faulk was a better hybrid. But it's a tough comparison because Faulk's peak also had him playing on a loaded offense where you couldn't just focus on Faulk. While Peterson often was in situation where he was the only threat the opposing defense needed to worry about.

Faulk had 12,000+ rush yards and over 760 receptions for close to 7,000 yards.

I don’t think many appreciate him enough, especially his Colts days for those who make surrounding cast arguments.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Faulk had 12,000+ rush yards and over 760 receptions for close to 7,000 yards.

I don’t think many appreciate him enough, especially his Colts days for those who make surrounding cast arguments.

I get what you're saying but he was a career 3.8 ypg guy in Indy and then instantly jumped to 5.4 ypc in his 3 year prime with the Rams.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I get what you're saying but he was a career 3.8 ypg guy in Indy and then instantly jumped to 5.4 ypc in his 3 year prime with the Rams.

No doubt cast played a role, but his quarterback and team situation was also AWFUL, even worse than Peterson half the time in Indy.