Rams QB Matthew Stafford dealing with tendon issue in throwing arm

RaidersAreOne

Stafford and Rivers are probably the two toughest QBs of my lifetime. 

As an avid baseball fan I would find this very concerning for a pitcher, but not sure about a QB. Throwing a football in the NFL generally isn’t as destructive as throwing say an 80+ mph slider. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Stafford and Rivers are probably the two toughest QBs of my lifetime. 

As an avid baseball fan I would find this very concerning for a pitcher, but not sure about a QB. Throwing a football in the NFL generally isn’t as destructive as throwing say an 80+ mph slider. 

The UCL is still very important to throw a football. If he has a strained UCL that's terrible for them, limits what they can do significantly. There hasn't been a QB with a UCL injury who's played well through it yet. It essentially ended Jake Delhomme's career.

• Like 1

Well that's certainly not good.  Seems like they at least somewhat have a plan to try to manage it though.  He's a savvy enough veteran that he can probably get by with those limited practice reps, but the timing and chemistry that offense relies a lot on probably suffer for it.

17 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The UCL is still very important to throw a football. If he has a strained UCL that's terrible for them, limits what they can do significantly. There hasn't been a QB with a UCL injury who's played well through it yet. It essentially ended Jake Delhomme's career.

Isn’t this what Marcus Mariota was dealing with his last season in Tennessee?

• Like 1

I’ve hated the lions my whole life but have nothing but respect for Stafford. Hope he gets it all figured out. 

EA must’ve known something everyone else didn’t though. That’s the only explanation for his terrible rating. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Isn’t this what Marcus Mariota was dealing with his last season in Tennessee?

I think Mariota actually had a nerve injury/nerve damage to his throwing arm. Among other things, dude was made of glass at the end of his tenure there. Hopefully Stafford’s isn’t that, although I can’t imagine it can be much worse than what pitchers go through?

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 7:48 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Well it's what he was dealing with last year, so I'd say he played through it just fine if that's what it is