Roquan Smith requests trade!!!

ripsean21

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I would trade them Curtis Samuel :)

The problem is he wants a big money deal and if we have the money we should be extending Payne.

I'm sure there's a way to sign both. Maybe not this year, but next season for sure. Payne would just have to wait to get re-signed next off-season. Depending on Wentz play Payne could be the only Key Free Agent we need to resign. 

Just now, DCNative said:

I'm sure there's a way to sign both. Maybe not this year, but next season for sure. Payne would just have to wait to get re-signed next off-season. Depending on Wentz play Payne could be the only Key Free Agent we need to resign. 

We don’t have to resign Wentz he has 2 more left. But they would if he earned it. But Curl and Holcomb are bigger priorities too me getting locked up then Payne. That said Roquan would be huge for this team but id prefer to not give anything higher then a 2 and if I did a Payne trade it be straight up

• Like 1

Just now, ripsean21 said:

We don’t have to resign Wentz he has 2 more left. But they would if he earned it. But Curl and Holcomb are bigger priorities too me getting locked up then Payne. That said Roquan would be huge for this team but id prefer to not give anything higher then a 2 and if I did a Payne trade it be straight up

I wouldn't agree Curl and Holcomb are bigger priorities. Payne is the better player out of the three. Unless Mathis shows for sure he would fill Paynes void, Payne is my number 1 priority out of the three guys. Second would be Curl and Third would be Holcomb. 

1 minute ago, DCNative said:

I wouldn't agree Curl and Holcomb are bigger priorities. Payne is the better player out of the three. Unless Mathis shows for sure he would fill Paynes void, Payne is my number 1 priority out of the three guys. Second would be Curl and Third would be Holcomb. 

I think Curl is a game changing back end talent I think this year he gets his due. And I think Payne is better then Holecomb talent wise but Cole plays every snap at 100%. If Payne did that he’d be paid already. And this is coming from one of the most vocal Payne guys from drafting him to shouting his impact out. If he played as hard as Curl and Cole there’s no question he’s better then them but on tape every snap he’s not

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 2

Just now, ripsean21 said:

I think Curl is a game changing back end talent I think this year he gets his due. And I think Payne is better then Holecomb talent wise but Cole plays every snap at 100%. If Payne did that he’d be paid already

If you have no DT to help Holcomb he is a nobody. I'm signing Payne before him. Also if we made the trade for Smith, Holcomb becomes expendable. This whole thing comes back to Ron letting Settle and Matt go without proven replacements on the team. 

Sadly, I think at this point we can’t trade either our 2nd or 3rd rounders next year due to the Wentz trade, as we could end up owing either one to the Colts.

Presumably, that takes us out of the market for Roquan, as I’d assume someone would pay at least a 2023 3rd. 

• Like 3