Roquan Smith requests trade!!!

ripsean21

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Phil Mathis was drafted to replace Payne. We should trade Payne if Chicago will take him for Smith.

So then we start Allen and rookie Mathis with damn near zero quality depth behind them? I, for one, am 100% out. It just creates a large problem when trying to solve another. This deal only happens with a draft pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Phil Mathis was drafted to replace Payne. We should trade Payne if Chicago will take him for Smith.

And we have seen him do nothing yet to actually say he Can replace Payne. Another guy on the train of making wholes where they are not needed. 

8 minutes ago, DCNative said:

And we have seen him do nothing yet to actually say he Can replace Payne. Another guy on the train of making wholes where they are not needed. 

I with you- don't wanna make wholes when halves will do . ! 😅

He's an 89 ovr in Madden & just turned 25 in April. (89 in speed I believe) Basically....he's a stud!

If I were trying to trade for him in Madden?

We'll, we can't touch our 2nd or 3rd rounders cause one of them is gone because of the Wentz trade. We just don't know which.

So either we trade them a 1st?

Or a player &/or lower picks?

The Bears have all their picks in 23'.

Don't think I would involve Payne in any trade. He's to valuable for our success right now & we no longer have the depth for his absence.

Unfortunately, he's probably the only player we have with enough value on a trade for Roquan Smith.

Personally, I think we're gonna be a playoff team. Which means our pick will be in the 20's or later. (18 & later technically)

So I think we have to offer our 1st rounder to get him. Either that, or offer like our 4th in 23' & maybe a 2nd in 24'. Which I would prefer.

Either way, I would go hard after Roquan Smith 

We would have Holcomb, Davis & Smith as our base 4-3 personal starters. Which would be pretty darn good.

SMITH is only 25 & could be a big part of our special Defense.

I think you have to make this move, personally.

Not very often, do you have an opportunity to add a pro bowl caliber player immediately through trade.

I know the Bears did so from the Raiders with Kalil Mack a couple years ago & now he's on the Rams.

But I believe we could get Smith for way cheaper draft pick wise & would keep him here.

Go get him, Rivera!

Yea, trading for Smith has become a no-brainer for me now.

It also takes pressure off of Jamin Davis, as well as maybe Smith can take him under his wing.

I'll actually be pissed! If we don't make this move, now.

Because it makes too much sense. It would be nice for Rivera to take a proactive approach to resolve our LBer issues.

Rivera is tailing thin ice with me...

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

So then we start Allen and rookie Mathis with damn near zero quality depth behind them? I, for one, am 100% out. It just creates a large problem when trying to solve another. This deal only happens with a draft pick. 

The deal should include Jamin Davis not Payne. 

• Like 2

Matt Eberflus: Ask Roquan Smith why he’s not practicing after he was cleared

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 11, 2022, 3:23 PM EDT

Roquan Smith came off PUP. He was cleared by our medical staff as healthy. And he did not practice. And the reason why for that is, you’ll have to ask him. We expect all of our healthy players to practice, and that was his decision, and like I said you’ll have to ask him. I have not talked to him about it so I have no further comment on that situation,” Eberflus said.

Eberflus made those comments unprompted at the start of his press conference today, before taking any questions from reporters. Asked if Smith will face discipline for refusing to practice, Eberflus said that’s not up to him.

“That discipline comes from the front office,” Eberflus said.

What’s clear is that Smith and the team are not on the same page. How much longer he’ll be on the team is unclear.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:57 PM, MikeT14 said:

We’re going to lose Payne for nothing but a comp pick & I hate that we keep doing that as a franchise, it’s a stupid business model. And there was a day when Jon Allen & Payne had no experience but you didn’t worry about that. 

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We’re going to lose Payne for nothing but a comp pick & I hate that we keep doing that as a franchise, it’s a stupid business model. And there was a day when Jon Allen & Payne had no experience but you didn’t worry about that. 

That’s a 2023 issue. How do you solve the 2022 issue if you lost Payne?

I love Roquan, and think he'd be a perfect fit here.

With that being said though we can't trade for him as he's looking to get top LB money which I'd guess he's looking for closer to 20 like Leonard and Warner then 15.The only Scenerio for our team where we can afford that plus giving up another high pick is if we're confident Sam Howell is our starting QB next year and Roquan would be getting Wentz money.

Edited by ovfd55

35 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I love Roquan, and think he'd be a perfect fit here.

With that being said though we can't trade for him as he's looking to get top LB money which I'd guess he's looking for closer to 20 like Leonard and Warner then 15.The only Scenerio for our team where we can afford that plus giving up another high pick is if we're confident Sam Howell is our starting QB next year and Roquan would be getting Wentz money.

See, I think we could pull it off.

Basically, Roquan Smith would be getting D. Payne's money. Who I don't think we plan on keeping anyways, thus allocating that money to a different position as LBer.

If Wentz lights it up this year, we can give him a contract extension & that would free up additional money for other players. Or cut him if he's bad. Same ordeal in freeing up money.

All that said, I think the only way we make a trade possible, is if we can get a contract extension on Roquan Smith & lock him up for a few years.

Then worry about Montez Sweat deal next year, I believe.