Has anyone been to training camp?

coffeedrinker

Any reports about any of the rookies?  I've heard 3rd rounder Cross is making quite the impression with some saying he will be a day 1 starter.  Any news on Raimann at tackle?  He was someone I thought the Colts would draft with their first pick in the 2nd round because i think he's a day 1 starter.  I was really excited when the Colts were able to still draft him in the 3rd round.  I think Raimann is going to be a guy like Diem.... you draft him and you don't have to worry about the position for the next 10 years. 

Any updates are appreciated.

1 hour ago, coffeedrinker said:

Any reports about any of the rookies?  I've heard 3rd rounder Cross is making quite the impression with some saying he will be a day 1 starter.  Any news on Raimann at tackle?  He was someone I thought the Colts would draft with their first pick in the 2nd round because i think he's a day 1 starter.  I was really excited when the Colts were able to still draft him in the 3rd round.  I think Raimann is going to be a guy like Diem.... you draft him and you don't have to worry about the position for the next 10 years. 

Any updates are appreciated.

I don’t live in Indiana so I haven’t had the opportunity. From what I’ve heard, Matt Pryor has seen all first team LT reps. I haven’t heard much about Raimann as far as LT or RG reps but it’s been my impression that RG is still Pinter’s job to lose. Pryor has, early on, been abused by Yannick but also has improved his blocking against Yannick so he’s not getting bullied as much and has actually won some reps against him since.

From what I’ve heard all the young receivers had looked better before pads and not so much when pads came on. The reason for that is the DBs have became more aggressive with pads on.

Pierce has gone up against Gilmore a lot to start and has looked good. He’s getting separation but he said that Gilmore figures out what route he’s running before he runs it so he’s able to close the gap really quick. Pittman said that Pierce is leagues ahead of where he was in his rookie year

Ogletree has looked more ready to go then Woods at TE. Granson has also shown out more then Woods so far. Some people have said that Ogletree might have already pushed himself into the “no practice squad” category and we might be carrying 4 TEs.

DT Curtis Brooks’ first step has impressed some onlookers, Eric Johnson has had some good plays

i haven’t heard anything about Rodney Thomas but I did hear that CB Dallis Flowers had an INT off Foles.

The biggest story amongst rookies though is LB JoJo Domann. He has been playing so well that at one point during a 7 on 7 drill with the first team he was wearing the green dot on his helmet. Mind you Leonard hasn’t been practicing and that particular practice Okereke wasn’t on the field and I’m not sure Zaire was on the field either. 

• Like 1

Alec got a lot of looks, and that will play huge in his development....especially facing Gilly. Ogletree has a bit more polish than most expected. We coudl end up with some real depth in the TE room. Sweet!

Would love to know if anyone past #2 at RB is turning heads....

Pinter looks like a great draft piece.