Dolphins trade TE Adam Shaheen to Houston

TheKillerNacho

41 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Sort of a surprise, he was pretty decent for us in a limited capacity.

Interesting, people thought Brevin Jordan was going to split time with Pharoah Brown; Both looked solid with their time (Brown drew a lot of penalties, though).

I trust Nick Caserio, though. There was a pick swap, so not like it cost a ton - bank on the upside, I guess.

I'm a big fan of trades like this for teams acquiring the player. You essentially get an extra shot at a player for just draft placement. You retain the same number of picks and gain a player for just his salary. In the mid-late rounds where these trades' pick swaps normally happens, it is negligible. The draft is a big time crap shoot at that point anyway.

Shaheen sucks, but he's got impressive physical tools that maybe you can coax something out of? I like it for Houston.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

How is his blocking?

He's definitely capable of it. Probably more of a blocking TE than a receiver, but he made some pretty good catches too.

Not sure what his deal was in Chicago but he was pretty okay for us, even though he was stuck behind Gesicki (a better receiving TE) and Smythe (a better blocking TE).

• Like 2