Chiefs and Germany

KC_Guy

Long time no post by me - though I still maintain the database.

Just read in the news that ProSieben  MAXX (a FREE niche channel over here, but a core provider for all football fans) will broadcast all three Chiefs' pre-season games. On a normal NFL weekend they broadcast three games for free on TV and stream one or two additional games via internet (for free as well). Playoff games and SuperBowl will then be broadcasted via their main outlet ProSieben. Thus they should be considered one of the prime media partners of the NFL in Germany-

With regard to the pre-season series they stated: "Thanks to a cooperation with the Kansas City Chiefs we will broadcast three pre-season games of the 2020 Super Bowl Champions ... ."

This shoukld be considered in line with the Chiefs having marketing rights in Germany and - what I think - a 2023 game over here. I was surprised they didn't have a game this year in Munich as they are somewhat on good terms with soccer club Bayern Munich. But who knows.

The 2023 Germany game will be played in Frankfurt by the way.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’d love to make it over for this potential game. But I have a feeling tickets will be in big demand and far too expensive. 

They should be cheaper than Arrowhead tickets if you get them on the official market. After that  ... they'll skyrocket.

Bad thing is I'll be working in Spain at that time ... so a Barcelona game would be more appropriate.

• 3 months later...