Who's higher on your All Time List? John Stockton or Steve Nash

mdonnelly21

Who's higher on your All Time List? John Stockton or Steve Nash  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who's higher on your All Time List? John Stockton or Steve Nash

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Steve Nash wins this easily for me. He had two MVP awards, and I’m not sure Stockton was ever a top 5 player in the league at any point in his career.

I know Nash won 2 MVPs, but would you rank him as a top 5 player in the league either of those seasons?

Who you ranking him over among: Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, LeBron, and Kobe.

I'm not sure how I'd rank them. Probably depends on the day to be honest. Stockton was overrated on defense, but he was still far superior than Nash. I'd rather have Nash in today's NBA.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I know Nash won 2 MVPs, but would you rank him as a top 5 player in the league either of those seasons?

Who you ranking him over among: Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, LeBron, and Kobe.

I'm not sure how I'd rank them. Probably depends on the day to be honest. Stockton was overrated on defense, but he was still far superior than Nash. I'd rather have Nash in today's NBA.

Nash had two issues were his defense and that he didn’t shoot enough.  He didn’t have the quick trigger like Steph but he would’ve been more of a scorer today (maybe Stockton too).

-

(video quality doesn’t age well)

Edited by DirtyDez

• 2 weeks later...

I think Nash was underutilized but the more talented and impactful player. He's unquestionably one of the 10 best offensive players ever. He helped change the way the game is played. 

I think Stockton overall had a more accomplished career. 

I think I rank Nash higher because offensively he was so much better.

I think if you put them both in the league today Nash would have a significantly better career.

Nash pretty easily. One of the most complete offensive players I’ve ever seen. He just fell into the mega western conference and couldn’t get past those stacked teams. The 90s jazz would probably have been a 2nd round exit every year if they had to go though that gauntlet nash had to. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...