Ok...I'm the Bears GM. Which 1 of these 10 possible trade proposals would make you pull the trigger on LBer Roquan Smith?

aceinthehouse

Trade proposals for Roquan Smith  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which trade offer do you accept?

• DT Deron Payne straight up
    • 2023 1st round selection
    • LBer Jamin Davis & 2024 2nd round selection
    • CB Willie Jackson & 2023 4th round selection
    • 1st in 23', 2nd in 24' for Bears 2nd in 23' & 3rd in 24'
    • WR Curtis Samuel & 5th in 23' & 5th in 24'
    • 4th & 5th Rd in 23' & 1st in 24' for Bears 2nd Rd in 23'
    • OT Sam Cosmi & WR Cam Sims & 24' 3rd Rd selection
    • NO TRADE OFFER ACCEPTED

The value of these offers differ tremendously from each other. 

That being said, you can't hesitate on Curtis Samuel and 2 5ths. Off loading his contract and injury issues. The two 5ths can be recovered when they dont resign Daron Payne and we get a 3rd/4th round comp. 

The next closest for me would be William Jackson and a 4th. 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

The value of these offers differ tremendously from each other. 

That being said, you can't hesitate on Curtis Samuel and 2 5ths. Off loading his contract and injury issues. The two 5ths can be recovered when they dont resign Daron Payne and we get a 3rd/4th round comp. 

The next closest for me would be William Jackson and a 4th. 

Yea, I wanted them to differentiate quite a bit.

1 of the reasons is because his value is truly a mystery. Although a stud, he's a non rushing OLB.

He's also only got 1 yr on his deal. That will greatly determine what he's traded for I believe.

He's also got no agent. Don't really know how this will affect things, but it could.

Daron Payne straight up - don't think the Bears would want Payne because he's up for extension and will be expensive. 

2023 1st Round Pick - I don't think Washington would offer this. 

LBer Jamin Davis & 2024 2nd - I think the Bears say no because its a 2024 pick.  If you were to offer Davis and a 2023 2nd I think both sides would say yes. 

CB Jackson & 2023 3rd - The Bears are rebuilding and Jackson is too old for their timeline.  Bears say no. 

2023 1st, 2024 2nd, Bears send back 2023 2nd, 2024 3rd - So the Bears just move up one round in each draft?  That seems like little to no value for them giving up a good player.  Bears say no. 

WR Samuel, 2023 5th, 2024 5th - Bears laugh in your face and hang up at this offer. 

2023 4th & 5th, 2024 1st, Bears send back 2023 2nd - these future picks offers aren't going to work.  Someone will outbid this and honestly the Bears FO can't afford to wait that long to save their jobs. 

OT Sam Cosmi, WR Cam Sims, 2024 3rd - I wouldn't want to do this trade.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Daron Payne straight up - don't think the Bears would want Payne because he's up for extension and will be expensive. (If we have no intensions of keeping Payne, this would actually be a smart move by us.....the Bears would be dumb not to consider this deal. Gives them beef up the middle & he's still young)

2023 1st Round Pick - I don't think Washington would offer this. (If staff believes we are a Playoff team, I think we could...lower 1st rd)

LBer Jamin Davis & 2024 2nd - I think the Bears say no because its a 2024 pick.  If you were to offer Davis and a 2023 2nd I think both sides would say yes. (We probably won't have a 2nd Rd pick because of the Wentz trade)

CB Jackson & 2023 3rd - The Bears are rebuilding and Jackson is too old for their timeline.  Bears say no. (You're probably right here, but I want Jackson gone)

2023 1st, 2024 2nd, Bears send back 2023 2nd, 2024 3rd - So the Bears just move up one round in each draft?  That seems like little to no value for them giving up a good player.  Bears say no. 

WR Samuel, 2023 5th, 2024 5th - Bears laugh in your face and hang up at this offer. (If Roquan has little value league wide, it's suddenly not crazy)

2023 4th & 5th, 2024 1st, Bears send back 2023 2nd - these future picks offers aren't going to work.  Someone will outbid this and honestly the Bears FO can't afford to wait that long to save their jobs. (Future picks are made all the time, as well as conditional picks)

OT Sam Cosmi, WR Cam Sims, 2024 3rd - I wouldn't want to do this trade.  ( I would in a ny minute)

I already suggested trading Samuel.  The bears are desperate at WR.  But I agree with @MKnight82 and don't think there is any great option for both sides.  I guess it really depends how bad the relationship situation is with Smith.  They will want to get something out of him.  Although if I am them I am thinking lets just franchise him.

The problem on our end is we will have to immediately spend a bundle of cap space to extend Roquan.  I don't trade a top pick and spend the money.  

Personally I would rather use that bundle of cap space on Payne.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, offbyone said:

I already suggested trading Samuel.  The bears are desperate at WR.  But I agree with @MKnight82 and don't think there is any great option for both sides.  I guess it really depends how bad the relationship situation is with Smith.  They will want to get something out of him.  Although if I am them I am thinking lets just franchise him.

The problem on our end is we will have to immediately spend a bundle of cap space to extend Roquan.  I don't trade a top pick and spend the money.  

Personally I would rather use that bundle of cap space on Payne.

I think if they were going to keep Payne they would’ve already offered him a contract he would sign but they haven’t. I don’t think they’re going to pay two DTs $15 plus mil a year & I agree with that. It’s a bad allocation of salary cap space in todays NFL which is much more pass oriented than run oriented.

I wouldn’t hesitate to trade Payne - who we aren’t going to re-sign - for an All-Pro MLB who’s only 25.

Edited by turtle28

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think if they were going to keep Payne they would’ve already offered him a contract he would sign but they haven’t. I don’t think they’re going to pay two DTs $15 plus mil a year & I agree with that. It’s a bad allocation of salary cap space in todays NFL which is much more pass oriented than run oriented.

I wouldn’t hesitate to trade Payne - who we aren’t going to re-sign - for an All-Pro MLB who’s only 25.

I agree that the ship has sailed and likely the smart thing to do long term is trade him while we can still get something.  You are right conceptually.  But frankly, we should have done that a year ago.  This is Rivera's MO though, always late.  He should have replaced Sam Mills a year ago too.  He should have traded Scherff or let him go instead of double tagging him.  etc.

What I don't agree with is the negative in paying two DTs.  You pay your good players, whoever they are.  And I predict that by mid season we will be regretting not paying him and by then his stock will be considerable more expensive than it was this offseason.  

47 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I agree that the ship has sailed and likely the smart thing to do long term is trade him while we can still get something.  You are right conceptually.  But frankly, we should have done that a year ago.  This is Rivera's MO though, always late.  He should have replaced Sam Mills a year ago too.  He should have traded Scherff or let him go instead of double tagging him.  etc.

What I don't agree with is the negative in paying two DTs.  You pay your good players, whoever they are.  And I predict that by mid season we will be regretting not paying him and by then his stock will be considerable more expensive than it was this offseason.  

We can still use the Franchise Tag on Payne, if we must. Obviously, you want to have to avoid that if you can. But it's still an option.

Yes, he'll probably play like Vince Wilfork on steroids & have a monster year. That's usually what players do to set up their big payday.

5 hours ago, offbyone said:

It’s not just Rivera’s MO, this franchise has been making wrong moves like this for years. Not trading Kirk or Scherff before they lost them for 3rd rnd comp picks. Etc

Jamin Davis, Antonio Gibson and either our 3rd or 2nd due to the Wentz trade. If they get our third I’d give them our 2nd in 2024 to offset it. I don’t care about 2nd round picks anymore considering we blow them every time anyway. 

Bears get:

Antonio Gibson

Jamin Davis

2023 3rd 

2024 2nd

Commanders:

Roquan Smith

This is about what it would take and I’m not even sure that’s enough. Smith is a beast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Jamin Davis, Antonio Gibson and either our 3rd or 2nd due to the Wentz trade. If they get our third I’d give them our 2nd in 2024 to offset it. I don’t care about 2nd round picks anymore considering we blow them every time anyway. 

Bears get:

Antonio Gibson

Jamin Davis

2023 3rd 

2024 2nd

Commanders:

Roquan Smith

This is about what it would take and I’m not even sure that’s enough. Smith is a beast. 

Sounds good to me & Justin Fields gets another weapon in Gibby bc they badly need a 3rd down RB/WR weapon. I thought Jamin played well yesterday but, he’s no Roquan Smith. This trade is a no brainer for us. 

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Bears get:

Antonio Gibson

Jamin Davis

2023 3rd 

2024 2nd

Commanders:

Roquan Smith

Gibson is on an extremely low level value at the moment, and they already have two good RBs. Probably unnecessary for them. I think they'd ask for a pick or someone like Dyami Brown. Then I think your trade could fly. 

• Like 1