Patriots RB James White retires from the NFL

Apparition

3 time Super Bowl champion, helped guide the Patriots in a 28-3 comeback while scoring 20 points and setting the Super Bowl receptions record. Pretty impressive postseason resume, will it be enough for a first ballot entry, or will he have to wait his turn for the Hall of Fame?

• Like 10

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

3 time Super Bowl champion, helped guide the Patriots in a 28-3 comeback while scoring 20 points and setting the Super Bowl receptions record. Pretty impressive postseason resume, will it be enough for a first ballot entry, or will he have to wait his turn for the Hall of Fame?

take a day off, dude

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

take a day off, dude

I appreciate the advice, I am indeed off from work today. That being said, this is NFL News, so focus on the post and not the poster, no matter your good intentions.

How many other 3 time SB champions with SB records are not in the HOF? To me the impact White showed on the biggest stage - highlighted by that walkoff touchdown you posted - certainly aids his fame and greatness in the SBs.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I appreciate the advice, I am indeed off from work today. That being said, this is NFL News, so focus on the post and not the poster, no matter your good intentions.

How many other 3 time SB champions with SB records are not in the HOF? To me the impact White showed on the biggest stage - highlighted by that walkoff touchdown you posted - certainly aids his fame and greatness in the SBs.

Ken Norton

Lonnie Lott

Larry Brown

Rodney Harrison

John Taylor

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Hard to say who is our greatest third down back between him and Kevin Faulk.

Faulk had a significantly longer career and was more productive on the ground. 

But he never had a season like White did in 2018 (1176 total yards, 12 total TDs)

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

Faulk had a significantly longer career and was more productive on the ground. 

But he never had a season like White did in 2018 (1176 total yards, 12 total TDs)

Never lost a fumble in his career apparently either. 

• Like 2