Best Packers receiving corps Favre/Rodgers Era

Mox

Since Favre took over 1992, what are some of the best WR corps the Packers have had? What would be in your top 5?

1997? 2004? 2009? 2011? 2014?

Also for fun, what would be the bottom 5?

Edited by Bullet Club

The worst core has to be when Favre had an aged and cooked Freeman out there as a starting WR along with Billy Schroder who I believe topped 1,000 yards once and hit like 999 another time.

If those are your top two....yuck.

Best?  I'll take 2011.  Driver, Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Cobb ....and Finley.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The worst core has to be when Favre had an aged and cooked Freeman out there as a starting WR along with Billy Schroder who I believe topped 1,000 yards once and hit like 999 another time.

Was it 04 or 05 when we went 4-12 with Driver and Turd Ferguson, Antonio Chatman, and Rod Gardner? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yep .. agreed on both best/worst group.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Was it 04 or 05 when we went 4-12 with Driver and Turd Ferguson, Antonio Chatman, and Rod Gardner? 

I think 04 was a 10 win season and two 1,000 yard receivers in Driver and Walker.  

05 was bad, but Driver was over 1200 yards and Walker was hurt right away.  So by injury, it was bad.

21 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

2011 was the best. Jordy, Jennings, Driver, James Jones, Randall Cobb and Finley.

Only issue I have with this is that while it's the best names, Driver was pretty well cooked and cobb was a rookie. 

Nelson is just starting to pop though on this team.

56 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Only issue I have with this is that while it's the best names, Driver was pretty well cooked and cobb was a rookie. 

Nelson is just starting to pop though on this team.

2011 had a 1200 Jordy Nelson.  949 for Jennings.  635 from Jones.  445 from Driver.  375 from Cobb.  767 from Finley.

Driver was pretty "cooked", but if he's your 4'th or 5'th option?  Even cooked, that is a great option down there.