Paxton Lynch or Trevor Siemian?

CWood21

43 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Paxton Lynch for sure. Bigger upside and potential. I think Siemian is a backup/bridge starter at best, and we'd just be spinning our wheel going with him this season.

That's kinda my train of thought as well.  At some point, they need to figure out what they have in Paxton Lynch and then go from there.  We've seen what Siemian is capable of which is what you said as a solid backup/fringe starter.  I don't see any upside in treading water with Siemian.  And they're not going to get even close to fair return for Paxton Lynch.  Maybe you'd get a late day 2 pick for Lynch at this point, but even then that's probably pushing it.  Seems far more likely if they're going to trade Lynch, he wouldn't garner much more than a 5th round pick.

I think Paxton wins the job out of training camp, but I think a lot of that may be politics.  Yes, Paxton has the upside and the arm talent, but he showed nothing last year to make me believe he can handle a starting job.  Even in Siemian's rookie year of preseason games as a 7th round pick out of Northwestern, he showed more than Paxton in his first taste of preseason games.  Siemian is better than people think and he opened eyes his rookie year in those pre-season games where I think it was clear to everyone that he was a better QB, as a 7th round rookie, than Brock Osweiler... only to be proven true last year.

Siemian's growth from year one to two is something that Paxton will need to at least duplicate in order to hold onto the job.  While I said above that "[Paxton] showed nothing last year to make me believe he can handle a starting job" the play of the offensive line made it nearly impossible to evaluate the play of our QB's.  Siemian showed more behind that pathetic OL.  With a [hopefully] improved offensive line, I want to see some big time improvement in our QB play this year.  

I've seen Siemian make major strides in an offseason, and I just believe there's something sneaky about his development.  Not ready to count him out yet, he just seems poised, and like he gets it.

• 6 months later...
14 hours ago, honkeytonk said:

I think Steve Tensi was better that either of those two and it has been rumored that Mickey Mouse had a Steve Tensi watch.

I don't know, Tensi was pretty awful. "bout the only reason to watch games then was Little on offense and Jackson on D.

Archived