Tyrod BENCHED

bigbadbuff23835

Although Taylor struggled in Sunday's drubbing at the hands of the Saints, coach Sean McDermott insisted Taylor will remain the starting quarterback, Chris Brown of the Bills' official site reports. "Because I believe in Tyrod," said McDermott. "Tyrod is our starter. That's what I said [Sunday]. I know what Tyrod has done and I also know what Nate [Peterman] has done. Tyrod is our starter."

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bills-tyrod-taylor-still-the-one-369455/

However, there is no change coming. McDermott didn't even give the hint of a waver on that decision.  

"I know what Tyrod's done. I also know what Nate's done," McDermott said. "I believe in Tyrod. Tyrod is our starter."

http://www.yourerie.com/sports/local-sports-news/mcdermott-not-considering-qb-change/856747382

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

This move is really confusing to me. 7 out of his 9 games this season have been sufficient, no?

This has always been the rub with Tyrod. You can win games with him but he won't win you games if that makes sense. He's basically a poor man's Alex Smith. We won games against Atlanta and Denver and couple of other games where our defense was creating turnovers like crazy and our kicker was hitting 50 yard field goals all over the place and we just barely squeaked out a victory. That's down to the offense not performing. 

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

No. Tyrod sucks. A qb that holds the ball forever, can’t make a second read and is inconsistent with accuracy.

I think that is a bit harsh. I think we've more or less all come to an agreement that we need to move on from Tyrod but I don't think he sucks. He's a below average starting QB who can win games with enough around him. He's never going to lead a deep playoff push or put a team on his back but he's serviceable and certainly is a better QB than a handful of other starters. 

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

I think that is a bit harsh. I think we've more or less all come to an agreement that we need to move on from Tyrod but I don't think he sucks. He's a below average starting QB who can win games with enough around him. He's never going to lead a deep playoff push or put a team on his back but he's serviceable and certainly is a better QB than a handful of other starters. 

I mean he sucks as a starter. The most i made yesterday said I’d LOVE him as a backup, he does everything I’d want a backup QB to do. 

Just now, Danger said:

So what's the skinny on Peterman? He came from Pittsburgh (not a very prestigious football school anymore), a rookie drafted in the 5th round. Seems like a strange time to turn to someone so inexperienced.

He looked pretty good in preseason. He's got a quick release and just seems to have much decision to him when throwing the football. Pitt ran a pro style offense and he was touted as one of the more pro ready prospects. I don't really think he'll be anything more than a footnote in the long list of Bills QBs the last 18 years but I think he'll bring something to the table that Tyrod hasn't shown. 

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I mean he sucks as a starter. The most i made yesterday said I’d LOVE him as a backup, he does everything I’d want a backup QB to do. 

Yeah, I don't even know if I'd say he sucks as a starter. He's just not good enough in my opinion but there are certainly worse people out there and he's nowhere near top 15. It is pretty bad that I'd consider wanting Josh McCown over Tyrod. 

Tyrod is the perfect backup. Can win games, ability to make plays with feet, can manage a game, doesn't turn the ball over, humble, great character... just not good enough when we need to win important games.

My lone issue is he seems super confused by zone coverages. He rarely finds the soft spots in the zone and resorts to checkdowns.

We KNOW that Tyrod is not the answer. We do not yet know if Nathan Peterman can be the guy.

Let's find out what he can do BEFORE we are faced with the decision of whether we want to trade up in the draft for a QB.

Tyrod or not, this team was not going to make the playoffs, regardless of the fact that we are currently in the 6th seed.

Archived