Tyrod BENCHED

bigbadbuff23835

21 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

We're the Bills. The media doesn't care about us. I find it hard to believe that in two days he had a sudden change of heart. I think the prudent comment after getting completely embarrassed is coming out and saying that all positions will be evaluated. You want your players to trust the process, then be up front and honest with them. Just my two cents. I am interested to see what Peterman can do. I do think he can be a good fit for this offense. He make the basic throws and reads Tyrod couldn't.

I think you're right and that would have been the smart move. To be fair he's a rookie head coach and I think he's probably like to take that back.

15 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

That’s ignorant as all hell to say. 

Is it wrong though? We all know this team and organization is a mess. 

Its just the Bills hired old *** Rick Dennison who runs a 1980s offensive scheme, playcalls horribly and never attempted to scheme around his QBs skill-set. I fully expect tyrod to go to Denver or Arizona, and succeed, ala Alex Smith. It's amazing what can happen when an offensive mind forms his playbook around a QBs skills and not around some ancient philosophy.

I'm a Taylor fan but I think it was time to see what Peterman will do and see if he could be the QB of the future?  I really hope he is because I'd like to address the OL in the draft next year instead of trading both 1st round picks for a QB that we don't know is the future.  But our OL better get better fast if Peterman wants to be a good QB.  Our OL has been horrible the last 2 weeks especially 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Fan said:

I'm a Taylor fan but I think it was time to see what Peterman will do and see if he could be the QB of the future?  I really hope he is because I'd like to address the OL in the draft next year instead of trading both 1st round picks for a QB that we don't know is the future.  But our OL better get better fast if Peterman wants to be a good QB.  Our OL has been horrible the last 2 weeks especially 

I don't agree that it "was" time. I think a loss vs the Chargers would have made it time. But oh, well. Let's buckle up and hope he shocks the world. 

47 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Browns, Ravens, Jets,  Niners, Packers(at the moment), Giants (at the moment) are worse. Quit with the dramatics for once.

How is it being dramatic that throwing a kid out there without pieces to carry him is probably not good for his development? Those squads have infinitely more production and have more depth than we do. KB alone doesn't tip the balance our way. Deonte Thompson is still going to be getting key snaps.

I'm not screaming he's going to suck, get over yourself.

9 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

How is it being dramatic that throwing a kid out there without pieces to carry him is probably not good for his development? Those squads have infinitely more production and have more depth than we do. KB alone doesn't tip the balance our way. Deonte Thompson is still going to be getting key snaps.

I'm not screaming he's going to suck, get over yourself.

The dramatized part was saying worst offense in football, as i stated. 

7 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I think you're right and that would have been the smart move. To be fair he's a rookie head coach and I think he's probably like to take that back.

Disclosure: I'm a Peterman fan. Now...

Doubt it. And he doesn't need to. It's so easy for those not actually in the trenches to say, "Oh, that was an abrupt decision! Just the day before he said that Taylor was our starter!", but the decision to change always happens when it actually happens. You obviously don't spend weeks telegraphing that that you are gradually losing faith in your starting QB! You don't tell the media you have doubts before you speak to the actual players, so of course McDermott told the press something along the lines of "status quo". Also, who gets to see the two QB's in practices? I sure haven't seen any, so I'll happily trust McDermott's opinion/decision. It very well could be that Nate has picked up this offense quite well and we all know he already possessed a better ability to see plays develop than Tyrod, as evidenced by when Peterman decides to pull the trigger. Some rookies can handle the pressure - Dak Prescott, for example - and Peterman already had a reputation of being cool under pressure before he was drafted. This might not be as risky of a move as many here are saying/implying.

1 hour ago, Yibbyl said:

Disclosure: I'm a Peterman fan. Now...

Doubt it. And he doesn't need to. It's so easy for those not actually in the trenches to say, "Oh, that was an abrupt decision! Just the day before he said that Taylor was our starter!", but the decision to change always happens when it actually happens. You obviously don't spend weeks telegraphing that that you are gradually losing faith in your starting QB! You don't tell the media you have doubts before you speak to the actual players, so of course McDermott told the press something along the lines of "status quo". Also, who gets to see the two QB's in practices? I sure haven't seen any, so I'll happily trust McDermott's opinion/decision. It very well could be that Nate has picked up this offense quite well and we all know he already possessed a better ability to see plays develop than Tyrod, as evidenced by when Peterman decides to pull the trigger. Some rookies can handle the pressure - Dak Prescott, for example - and Peterman already had a reputation of being cool under pressure before he was drafted. This might not be as risky of a move as many here are saying/implying.

I agree with most of what you're saying and I am anxious to see what Peterman can do. My main issue is McDermott preaches to his players to trust the process and then he says Tyrod is our starter and then two days later he's not. How does that build trust? He could have just said we're evaluating our entire roster, which wouldn't raise many eyebrows after getting completely embarrassed at home. I am not saying for him to telegraph anything.

This is a huge decision which can completely change the future of this franchise. I am hoping it's for the best and that we have a diamond in the rough with Peterman. We shall see. Go Bills.

Archived