Tyrod BENCHED

bigbadbuff23835

Morning guys, this is just an outside perspective. This is really dicey IMO, you guys still have 4 winnable games and could easily get in as a Wildcard, I've seen this movie before. Definitely not saying this is going to be the result but my team was 7-4 when they decided to make a similar change for a rookie and lost the remainder of the games that year and divided the lockeroom as well as the Franchise. I personally would like to know who's decision was this, was this forced by the FO? or the head coach? Thanks guys

9 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Disclosure: I'm a Peterman fan. Now...

Doubt it. And he doesn't need to. It's so easy for those not actually in the trenches to say, "Oh, that was an abrupt decision! Just the day before he said that Taylor was our starter!", but the decision to change always happens when it actually happens. You obviously don't spend weeks telegraphing that that you are gradually losing faith in your starting QB! You don't tell the media you have doubts before you speak to the actual players, so of course McDermott told the press something along the lines of "status quo". Also, who gets to see the two QB's in practices? I sure haven't seen any, so I'll happily trust McDermott's opinion/decision. It very well could be that Nate has picked up this offense quite well and we all know he already possessed a better ability to see plays develop than Tyrod, as evidenced by when Peterman decides to pull the trigger. Some rookies can handle the pressure - Dak Prescott, for example - and Peterman already had a reputation of being cool under pressure before he was drafted. This might not be as risky of a move as many here are saying/implying.

Oh I just meant specifically how he handled the press conference and then turned around two days later and benched Tyrod as opposed to the actual decision of benching him. 

The national media is clueless and it's obvious they don't watch the Bills. They just look at the numbers and think Tyrod is a decent QB. They neglect to bring up the fact that Tyrod has serious fundamental flaws that makes it almost impossible to succeed as an NFL QB. He can't make the basic reads and throws. Posters here have been saying for a while now that he doesn't utilize the middle of the field. He stares down his first read and rarely scans the field. Not to mention that he holds on to the ball too long and has forgot how to push the ball down the field anymore. He has gone full Trent Edwards and you never go full Trent Edwards. He bails out of the pocket too early on a lot of plays and takes unnecessary sacks.

I will say that the offensive line has been bad this year and they deserve some of the blame. I also think Dennison is a terrible play caller and doesn't adjust his game plan to his personnel. That's what Anthony Lynn was really good at last year with Tyrod. He created a game plan around Tyrod's strengths which Dennison has done a miserable job of doing. At this point Dennison has proven that he can't adapt to Tyrod as his QB, so let's see what Peterman can do. He is a much better fit in this offense. He has a quick release and can get the ball out quickly, which is what we need with our offensive line.

6 hours ago, Momaster said:

Well now that you wont have Tyrod giving up 298 yds rushing to the Saints or fumbling away two completed passes on promising drives vs the Jets im sure you guys will be golden.

This post sums up everyone who just watches highlights and thinks Tyrod is above average. Hilarious. 

7 hours ago, Momaster said:

Well now that you wont have Tyrod giving up 298 yds rushing to the Saints or fumbling away two completed passes on promising drives vs the Jets im sure you guys will be golden.

You haven't kept track of the Bills or watched much of Tyrod's body of work. Or maybe you have and just don't understand football. 

7 hours ago, Momaster said:

Well no crap. Taylor being out will help the run defense a little. No more 3 and outs every drive that do nothing but tire out our defense like on Sunday. With that being said... The poor defense the past two games really exposed our offense. Showed we can't play from behind at all. We kind of suspected it during the Cincy and Panthers game but past two weeks proved it. If a team manages to make just a 10 point lead with Tyrod then we were done. At least having a passing game now we should still be in the game

10 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I wish they'd have let him have the record. At least then maybe the national media would finally start to tear this franchise apart like they down the Browns and spark some real change.

Nah we'll still keep Dennison and let him ruin whatever QB we trade up for.

Archived