Tyrod BENCHED

bigbadbuff23835

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Well he's back. I was definitely wrong but I don't know what choice you really had after the disaster on Sunday. I can't wait for this season to be over, there's no point to it.

Was just going to post this news/noose, too. Here's a link:

http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/22/bills-to-start-tyrod-taylor-at-quarterback-at-chiefs/?utm_medium=more_stories

Fire Rick Dennison, Hire John DeFilippo

Pick up Tyrods option and trade him for a 3rd.

Cut Incognitio and Jerry Hughes

Don't re-sign: Preston Brown, Humber, Tolbert

Re-sign: Gaines, Mathews, Cadet, Thompson

Sign Star Lotulelei, Luke Wilson Chase Daniels and bring back the hammer Nigel Bradham for SLB

Trade up for Rosen or Darnold by giving up both 1st and a 2nd.

Use the 2nd round pick and both 3rds getting a MLB, DE, and RT.

QB: Rookie, Daniels, Peterman
RB: McCoy, Cadet, Rookie
FB: Dimarco
TE: Clay, Wilson, O'Leary, Lee
WR: Benjamin, Jones, Mathews, Thomspon, Holmes, Reilly
LT: Glenn, Henderson
LG: Dawkins
C: Wood, Groy
RG: Ducasse
RT: Rookie, McDermott

DE: Rookie, Yarbough
DT: Washington, rookie
DT: Lotuelei, Coleman
DE: Lawson, Davis
WLB: Milano, Vallejo
MLB: Rookie, Lacey
SLB: Bradham, Alexander
CB:White, Gaines, Free agent pick ups, rookie, rookie
FS: Poyer, Thomas
SS: Hyde, Elston

I don't think this team needs a massive overhaul. They need one or two more studs in the front 7 and then depth throughout the defense. I think the OL could really go to another level if Dawkins moves to Guard (or RT). Of course thats predicated on Glenn actually staying healthy. I really like our WR's if they can ever be on the same field at the same time. A real QB and OC could do wonders too. 

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

You think you'll get a starter at MLB, DE, and RT in the second and third rounds? You would have to hit on all those picks. Wishful thinking.

I mean Buffalo got a starting G/T and WR in round 2 this year. Also Milano who should be starting at WLB was a 5th round pick so its not that out of the question. Reality is they would start out of necessity because Buffalo lacks depth.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Sam Darnold is too turnover prone. If we trade up I'd want Rosen. Assuming we go 6-10, 7-9 I'd like to sit and take Lamar Jackson. He seems to get mocked to us the most and use our other picks on OL, DL and LB.

I would love Jackson. Especially if we didn't have to trade.  I can just see all the terrible hot takes about how we drafted Tryod 2.0 which wouldn't be farther from the truth. 

I like the additions of Lotuelei and Daniels. I wanted Daniels this past off-season. Bradham returning works as long as you keep him strong-side, like you did, but hate seeing Alexander still on the team. Seems like a wasted roster spot TBH. That rookie DE better have some meat on him, cuz the rest of those guys are 6'2" 250/260 types! Reasonably realistic moves though, and I'm sure you are aware that this would result in a multi-year rebuilding process. Biggest risk I see is switching OC's, though I think it's only a slight possibility Dennison is gone. I suspect he was hired for 2 reasons: he was available to a 1st time HC and he had beaten McDermott's D in a Super Bowl...though I think Denver's D played a more important part. Since you are switching 2/3 of the QB corps, a new OC wouldn't be too disruptive. Hopefully, DeFilippo's hiring wasn't simply because Wentz has performed well. Wentz was going to be fine no matter where he landed. Aside from a strong arm, Wentz is smart, mentally and physically tough, very hard-working, and composed...DeFilippo had nothing to do with those traits.

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I would love Jackson. Especially if we didn't have to trade.  I can just see all the terrible hot takes about how we drafted Tryod 2.0 which wouldn't be farther from the truth. 

Only fair weather fans would compare the 2. Jackson has far better mechanics, arm strength and accuracy. I do feel Tyrod backing up Jackson would be an ideal situation 

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Only fair weather fans would compare the 2. Jackson has far better mechanics, arm strength and accuracy. I do feel Tyrod backing up Jackson would be an ideal situation 

If money was no object, that would be an ideal-ish scenario...eventually, but I'd start Tyrod over Jackson initially.

@Yibbyl Having coached Wentz is going to help DeFilippo whether its justified or not. What I like about him is that he coached Jamarcus Russel his rookie year, Sanchez his rookie year, Carr in his rookie year, and now Wentz so if he comes in with another rookie here, he would have the experiences and reliability to a young signal caller. That's not something I see Dennison having.

Archived