Preseason 2022

DM316

3 hours ago, DM316 said:

With having 1 year at LB at a lower level I think anything we get from Andersen this year is a bonus. 

Yeah I think so too. Sucks to spend a second rounder on such a project, however if this is the trend of this new staff to say, okay we’re going to be here a while and we can develop him into Brian Urlacher then that would be incredible. I hope AB will ride this process for a few years. The culture has begun to shift in only year two, I want to see this thing go at least 5 years before a change is made. 

On 9/2/2022 at 11:28 AM, iloxygenil said:

Yeah I think so too. Sucks to spend a second rounder on such a project, however if this is the trend of this new staff to say, okay we’re going to be here a while and we can develop him into Brian Urlacher then that would be incredible. I hope AB will ride this process for a few years. The culture has begun to shift in only year two, I want to see this thing go at least 5 years before a change is made. 

I agree. The window to win doesn't start this year or even next which is why I was championing taking Willis over Ridder. I'll be fine eating crow if Ridder is for real but I'll be sick if Willis' is the one that pans out and our guy doesn't.

On 8/31/2022 at 12:29 PM, iloxygenil said:

Chums Edoga claimed. Wonder what that will mean for the rest of the line situations. Can he play Guard? Can we finally get rid of Ice Cream?

Edoga can play any spot but C. He's at worst your swing tackle/depth guard. At best, can start at LG.

22 hours ago, DM316 said:

I agree. The window to win doesn't start this year or even next which is why I was championing taking Willis over Ridder. I'll be fine eating crow if Ridder is for real but I'll be sick if Willis' is the one that pans out and our guy doesn't.

If Ridder pans out and Willis doesn't, that will be interesting though.