Preseason Game #3

onejayhawk

I am using one thread for all the preseason games. Game #3 comments begin at the bottom of page #5.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday game this week against Chicago. Here are few things worth keeping an eye on, since the starters likely will not play much. 

• Depth LB. The first three are set in stone but that leaves two positions up for grabs, one of whom needs to be a ST ace. 
  • Pecking order in the secondary. Fenton will not play, but Williams, Watson, Johnson, and Cook should all make the team. Who plays first and who plays most will be significant. 
  • Special teams get their first live action. This will be the first chance for rookies Nazeeh Johnson, Mike Rose, and Jack Cochrane to show what they can do.
  • On offense, the RB situation is cloudy. CEH and Isaiah Pacheco seem like locks, but the other position (s?) is unclear. 
  • Swing OT is open and the primary RT is still up in the air.

Here are articles along the same lines
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/8/12/23302964/chiefs-position-battles-of-note-entering-the-preseason
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/8/12/23301093/chiefs-bears-nfl-preseason-5-things-to-watch

Edited by onejayhawk

2 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Not sure how many WRs we're keeping but outside of Mecole, MVS, JuJu, Skyy I'm really liking Watson. After that I'm not so sure. Team seems to like Gordon but I dunno. Powell? Fountain? 

I think we keep Fountain for ST ability, powell PS again, Gordon cut