Bills Bench Tyrod Taylor

bigbadbuff23835

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I was going to ask if the Saints were simply playing hyper-conservative with such a big lead, but apparently not.

You'd expect that but at the end of the game they were going for it on 4th down, took some passes, and really tried to bring the heat on Peterman. The blitz got to him a couple times to force 2 of his 3 incompletions. But in college he was one of the best QBs under pressure so the Saints pressure hardly effected him

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I'm going to hate when Tyrod Taylor is on the Jags next year.

Just gotta sit back in zone defend against his legs and cover Fournette coming out of the backfield. Tyrods issue is he never throws the ball to soft spots of zone coverage. He will just check down to TE or RB.

19 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Bills fans, explain? Box-scouting Tyrod's numbers and they aren't bad at all. 64.2% completion rate, 12 total TDs to 5 combined INTs / fumbles.

And 187 yards per game passing along with a 6.6 YPA. In three years with the Bills, Taylor has one 300 plus yard game.That's bad. 

7 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I was going to ask if the Saints were simply playing hyper-conservative with such a big lead, but apparently not.

The Saints did play conservatively. In Peterson's 10 pass attempts, NO's blitzed twice (4:08 - 2&1, and 2:13 - 1&10) and Peterson threw incompletions both times. The other 8 pass attempts NO's rushed strictly with their front 4.

14 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

sounds like pre-2017 Alex Smith. You could do worse.

I haven't seen Peterman play at all. Did he look good in pre-season?

He looked pretty darn impressive most games considering he's a 5th round rookie. He looked fantastic when he came in for Tyrod against the Saints on just two drives (one of which resulting in a TD). He makes quick decisions and gets the ball out with zip to his WRs.

At the least we're seeing what he's made of against NFL starting defenses so we can evaluate our future at QB. All Bills fans are happy with this.

19 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yessss! Yessss! Yessss! Love it. Shows that McDermott stills see potential in this team with a better passing game. We are currently in a wild card spot.

This stats is telling. Tyrod played for 55 minutes Sunday and had 56 yards... Peterman played for 5 minutes and had 79 yards. Yes it was garbage time but Saints were still bringing the blitz to disrupt the rookie and Tyrod couldn't move the ball in garbage time at all.

and if Peterman comes on and throws a Siemien vs KC-like match, McDermott looks horrendous. 

20 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I'm going to hate when Tyrod Taylor is on the Jags next year.

i think hes on the likely lost of potential targets but id assume we can nab Kirk over in jacksonville but i wont be suprised in the least if bortles keeps playing relatively good(he was good for the 1st 3 quarters last game so hes had 11 out of 12 good quarters in his last 3 games.  

22 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

and if Peterman comes on and throws a Siemien vs KC-like match, McDermott looks horrendous. 

But if Peterman comes on to be the next Tom Brady then McDermott looks like a genius.Two ends to every spectrum and Peterman would likely end up somewhere in between. I'm guessing he will have 230 yards 2TDs and 1INT in his debut.

40 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yessss! Yessss! Yessss! Love it. Shows that McDermott stills see potential in this team with a better passing game. We are currently in a wild card spot.

This stats is telling. Tyrod played for 55 minutes Sunday and had 56 yards... Peterman played for 5 minutes and had 79 yards. Yes it was garbage time but Saints were still bringing the blitz to disrupt the rookie and Tyrod couldn't move the ball in garbage time at all.

The Saints put most of their stars on the bench by the time Peterson got into the game. Since the Lions game...the Saints defense has been philosophically opposed to a prevent defense...and not to mention that Lattimore and Crawley take great interest in their PFF supremacy. I don’t think that comparing Tyrod to Peterson is fair. 

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

The Saints put most of their stars on the bench by the time Peterson got into the game. Since the Lions game...the Saints defense has been philosophically opposed to a prevent defense...and not to mention that Lattimore and Crawley take great interest in their PFF supremacy. I don’t think that comparing Tyrod to Peterson is fair. 

Yeah they were on the bench for the last couple of Tyrods drives. While you can't compare Tyrod whole game to Peterman you can compare Tyrod last two drives with Petermans two drives. They were against similar competition. Backups. Tyrod couldn't get a first down in either of us last two drives. He was afraid to throw it more than 5 yards with zone coverage. And Peterman had 79 yards and led us to a TD.

Archived