Bills Bench Tyrod Taylor

bigbadbuff23835

7 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yeah they were on the bench for the last couple of Tyrods drives. While you can't compare Tyrod whole game to Peterman you can compare Tyrod last two drives with Petermans two drives. They were against similar competition. Backups. Tyrod couldn't get a first down in either of us last two drives. He was afraid to throw it more than 5 yards with zone coverage. And Peterman had 79 yards and led us to a TD.

I’m not against the move...I just don’t think that you can assume Peterson to have the same success moving forward. Better than Taylor? Perhaps...and I suppose you have to try something after that embarrassing outing last Sunday. 

This is probably the final step in what has been a pretty strange divorce. Buffalo will probably let Tyrod go, and he'll end up somewhere to compete for starter snaps.

I'd kill for him to serve as backup to Deshaun Watson - perfect skill set in terms of running skill, and a better passer than Tom Savage.

This makes sense if they’ve done some internal scouting and decided they don’t want to hitch the wagon to Taylor, they wouldn’t be the first regime to have those doubts. I’m guessing there’s an acknowledgement the team overachieved in the early part of the season and want to see what they have in Peterman, who dropped further in the draft than many thought he would. 

8 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

This is probably the final step in what has been a pretty strange divorce. Buffalo will probably let Tyrod go, and he'll end up somewhere to compete for starter snaps.

I'd kill for him to serve as backup to Deshaun Watson - perfect skill set in terms of running skill, and a better passer than Tom Savage.

I’d say that’s probably the best fit. Perfect scheme fit for the Texans. Wouldn’t have to change the offense considerably. 

1 hour ago, Carmen Cygni said:

The Saints did play conservatively. In Peterson's 10 pass attempts, NO's blitzed twice (4:08 - 2&1, and 2:13 - 1&10) and Peterson threw incompletions both times. The other 8 pass attempts NO's rushed strictly with their front 4.

Saints also had a good chunk of their defensive starters out as well, including Lattimore and Williams on the back end.

1 hour ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Yep, just saw that. I edited my OP.

As one who dislikes the Bills, great move.

Now, me, as a HUGE fan of the Buffalo Bills, I'm a big believer in Tyrod- but love me that Peterman style!

Image result for Seinfeld Mr. Peterman

Well, this almost guarantees the Bills will not be making the playoffs. Maybe Tyrod isn't the guy moving forward but starting a fifth round rookie is basically just throwing in the towel on the playoffs unless the kid is the next Dak(which he highly likely isn't). Probably realized they over performed early in the year and are looking more towards the future now,

Tyrod really needs to go somewhere next year where the coaching staff actually believes in him and tailors the scheme to his strengths. Buffalo should have traded him at the deadline, instead of making a mockery of themselves. Oh well, as a Ravens fan I love this move because it means Buffalo is phoning it in on this season and opening up that last wildcard spot for us to take. Thanks!

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

But if Peterman comes on to be the next Tom Brady then McDermott looks like a genius.Two ends to every spectrum and Peterman would likely end up somewhere in between. I'm guessing he will have 230 yards 2TDs and 1INT in his debut.

You mentioned it was a risk, but failed to mention the non-fantastical side of the risk - so I thought I'd bring more balance. I'm no Tyrod fan, but I do know Buffalo are more likely to win if they  don't turn the ball over. Would you take a green QB over Tyrod at this stage? Seems premature.

8 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You mentioned it was a risk, but failed to mention the non-fantastical side of the risk - so I thought I'd bring more balance. I'm no Tyrod fan, but I do know Buffalo are more likely to win if they  don't turn the ball over. Would you take a green QB over Tyrod at this stage? Seems premature.

We weren't saying he will be great we are so happy to see him get the shot he deserves. Many were calling for Peterman to start week 1. When Tyrod had his concussion in preseason I was kinda hoping Tyrod wouldn't be able to play and Nathan would get his chance. Peterman outplayed Tyrod all preseason long and all training camp long. Taylor's good start to year kinda held off on the start Peterman talks. Taylor's hot start allowed us to develop Peterman some more. I love Taylor to death but he is just in betweener. Not good enough to be THE guy but not bad enough to say he Sucks.

I love this move because so many teams would just wait it out and be eliminated before making the switch. This kinda shows that the coaches care and they are willing to make a change before we reach rock bottom of the season and hopefully change the course of the season while we are still in playoff hunt.

Plus we can see what we have with him and see if we would have to trade our numerous picks to move up to get the best QB in the draft. Just a no brainier type of move from anyone who has watched both Taylor and Peterman play.

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

We weren't saying he will be great we are so happy to see him get the shot he deserves. Many were calling for Peterman to start week 1. When Tyrod had his concussion in preseason I was kinda hoping Tyrod wouldn't be able to play and Nathan would get his chance. Peterman outplayed Tyrod all preseason long and all training camp long. Taylor's good start to year kinda held off on the start Peterman talks. Taylor's hot start allowed us to develop Peterman some more. I love Taylor to death but he is just in betweener. Not good enough to be THE guy but not bad enough to say he Sucks.

I love this move because so many teams would just wait it out and be eliminated before making the switch. This kinda shows that the coaches care and they are willing to make a change before we reach rock bottom of the season and hopefully change the course of the season while we are still in playoff hunt.

Plus we can see what we have with him and see if we would have to trade our numerous picks to move up to get the best QB in the draft. Just a no brainier type of move from anyone who has watched both Taylor and Peterman play.

Fair enough. If you love the move, then you are pretty optimistic. Personally I'd be worried, because raw QBs rarely flourish in their first proper go. But more power to you.

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Fair enough. If you love the move, then you are pretty optimistic. Personally I'd be worried, because raw QBs rarely flourish in their first proper go. But more power to you.

Well best case scenario he is next Tom Brady coming in and taking us to Superbowl. 

Worst case scenario he completely sucks we see what we have in him and we draft a QB in 1st round. 

It'sa win win

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Lmfao everyone here thought the Bills would miss the playoffs anyways, so how can any of you say this is a bad move unless you thought they were going to make it?

Thinking you're not gonna make it to the playoffs at the start of the season =/= criticizing a move when you're currently in the playoff picture halfway through the season.

It's especially bad because Peterman wasn't even good in college.

Archived