MVP of the game  

19 members have voted

1. 1. MVP of the game

• Romeo Doubs
    • ROMEO DOUBS (in capitals)

14 hours ago, MVP21 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34409278

Rodgers puts the blame for all 3 Interceptions squarely on the young WRs

So, Amari ran the wrong route and Love threw the ball thinking he was going to be in the right place. Amari in year two has got to be better than that. Help your QB out or you ride the bench or get cut. 

Edited by Old Guy

42 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Sorry dude, they did draft a qb in the 1st round to possibly sit his entire contract and it's worked out rather well overall.  No hurry in putting him into your witches brew quite yet.

Imagine actually thinking this. I'm sure the front office is happy about continually being held hostage by a diva QB who's nearing the end of his career and demanding top dollar.

If they thought Jordan Love had the potential to be a great QB for the next 10-15 years it would be franchise malpractice not to get that guy on the field.

6 hours ago, StatKing said:

Imagine actually thinking this. I'm sure the front office is happy about continually being held hostage by a diva QB who's nearing the end of his career and demanding top dollar.

If they thought Jordan Love had the potential to be a great QB for the next 10-15 years it would be franchise malpractice not to get that guy on the field.

Though only two sentences, there is a lot to unpick here.

The 'diva' QB won another mvp award last year so let's put him on a set of 'how much we want him' scales. On the one hand he can be challenging, he is very expensive and he is getting older. Let's call that a big full-to-the-brim trash can on the negative side of the scales. Now on the plus side he played at a level that got him the mvp award last year, and his dissatisfaction with the front office seems to have largely disappeared. That's a small mountain on the other side of the scales, because you don't EVER let a QB of his calibre go, if you can afford him and if he is still playing at a very high level. Once Adams became determined to leave GB, the Packers COULD afford to keep Rodgers and also do several key re-signings (Jones, Campbell, Douglas) through 2022 at the very least. To describe Rodgers as merely as "a diva QB who's nearing the end of his career and demanding top dollar" is, while not entirely untrue, at the very least misleading.

Next sentence, the Jordan Love comment. You are looking for him to be a 'great' QB. He might turn out well, but expecting greatness is probably hoping for too much. If he is in the top half of starting QBs in the league (even if he only just creeps in there), drafting him would be a big success, Solid starter-level QBs are just that valuable. Now, to unpick the end of that sentence, about it being malpractice not to get him on the field.................well, most teams don't have last years mvp starting at QB ahead of a first round pick. This is a very unusual situation, it's even more unusual than a Favre-to-Rodgers changeover. We WILL see Love on the field, certainly for a large part of the preseason and quite possibly a time or two in the season.

Reading your comments, you seem unhappy about Rodgers, unhappy about Love, just generally unhappy. Is miserable your default state ?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, StatKing said:

LOL .. there's not much you're happy about with how this team's qb situation has been handled.  Rodgers is a diva, Love sucks .. there is no hope.  Thinking you should have a permanent seat at Norm's bar to console yourself but there's no room at the inn.  

Edited by coachbuns

12 hours ago, StatKing said:

You know that the front office has had 2 opportunities in 2 years to trade that diva QB.  And instead, they chose to give the diva QB top dollar, for the third time.

It's got little to do with Love.  Has everything to do with a QB who has worked hard, now, to get back to back (and deserved) MVP's.

It would be malpractice to let that QB out the door.

It's about time that we all acknowledge this fact....the drafting of Love provided a clear spark in Rodgers and has led to some unbelievable regular season play.

We can complain about GB not taking a WR at that spot to help Rodgers, say like Higgins.  That is fair.  But...it could very well be that Rodgers doesn't improve without being pushed or somewhat threatened by the drafting of Love.

14 hours ago, StatKing said:

It's just really difficult to comprehend how little you understand things. Let me try and provide some clarity.

MVP quarterback for two straight years wants to be paid at the top of his profession. MVP quarterback wants to insure he can retire with the organization that drafted him. 

Prior to that MVP quarterback showed signs of perhaps regressing so the organization drafted a guy they were very high on to insure stability at the position. The guy they drafted lost his first season due to COVID. In the meantime, MVP quarterback aired his grievances, worked through it with the team and got a deal to allow him to retire a Packer, his desire the whole time.

Drafted player is now in year three starting to show signs of having the goods, not unlike the trajectory of the MVP quarterback in his first three years, minus the COVID of course. 

You continue to claim the drafted quarterback is a bust because you didn't like the pick. Now, you use not sending the MVP quarterback down the road as 'proof'! 😂 

I hope this clears thing up a little bit for you and you can stop posting nonsense like the above. 

Isn't it time for 20 or 30 more mock drafts from Leisher? 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

LOL .. there's not much you're happy about with how this team's qb situation has been handled.  Rodgers is a diva, Love sucks .. there is no hope.  Thinking you should have a permanent seat at Norm's bar to console yourself but there's no room at the inn.  

I'm definitely happy Rodgers is going to end his career in GB. Doesn't mean I agree with his antics.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

It's just really difficult to comprehend how little you understand things. Let me try and provide some clarity.

MVP quarterback for two straight years wants to be paid at the top of his profession. MVP quarterback wants to insure he can retire with the organization that drafted him. 

Prior to that MVP quarterback showed signs of perhaps digressing so the organization drafted a guy they were very high on to insure stability at the position. The guy they drafted lost his first season due to COVID. In the meantime, MVP quarterback aired his grievances, worked through it with the team and got a deal to allow him to retire a Packer, his desire the whole time.

Drafted player is now in year three starting to show signs of having the goods, not unlike the trajectory of the MVP quarterback in his first three years, minus the COVID of course. 

You continue to claim the drafted quarterback is a bust because you didn't like the pick. Now, you use not sending the MVP quarterback down the road as 'proof'! 😂 

I hope this clears thing up a little bit for you and you can stop posting nonsense like the above. 

Isn't it time for 20 or 30 more mock drafts from Leisher? 

Can you imagine being here, now, with Rodgers continuing to regress as he did prior to the Love selection?  And GB having Higgins out there, with Adams and Jones and Dillon?  While not having a young quarterback ready to go?

Because that is what we were facing when Love was drafted.  

Let's not pretend like Rodgers was elite prior to that selection.  He was regressing and did not look happy on the field.

I wasn't a fan of the Love pick.  I'm still not, but I do "get it".  It's just too early to tell concerning Love.  Heck, if he doesn't see live action during the season, it will still be too soon at the end of this year.  Which means a first round pick ends up doing nothing for GB while on the field.  But...PLENTY in the grand scheme of things.

So...who was the better first round pick?  Love or someone like Datone Jones?  First rounders bust all the time.  Even if Love is a bust because he never plays, I still think the selection was solid.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I'm definitely happy Rodgers is going to end his career in GB. Doesn't mean I agree with his antics.

If I forgive his Mac stuff, like basically quitting, or his on field demeanor in MLF's first year.....

Is what he did to the front office really a bad thing?  With hindsight?

At the time, I HATED it.  But, from all accounts, it seems to have worked to better the front office (Gute) and his relationships with the players.

Sometimes it takes conflict to move forward.

• Like 1

The Love pick was a success no matter how you see it. Even if he never develops into an NFL starting QB, it's clear that he was the fire Rodgers needed.

Let's say you've been at the same job or marriage for 15 years...sometimes you forget to do the little things that made you such a good employee/spouse for a long time.  Sometimes you need to have that quick kick on the pants to say, yes, I can be the best and I will be. That's what the Love pick was for Rodgers.

I understand most of you have figured this out, but this is for the few who still has the pick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

The Love pick was a success no matter how you see it. Even if he never develops into an NFL starting QB, it's clear that he was the fire Rodgers needed.

Let's say you've been at the same job or marriage for 15 years...sometimes you forget to do the little things that made you such a good employee/spouse for a long time.  Sometimes you need to have that quick kick on the pants to say, yes, I can be the best and I will be. That's what the Love pick was for Rodgers.

I understand most of you have figured this out, but this is for the few who still has the pick.

Rodgers was an elite QB long before people even knew who Jordan Love was. I dont know where this theory that drafting Jordan Love was the reason Rodgers returned to form came from but it needs to stop. It's a weak justification for us wasting a first round pick on a QB we didn't need.

Rodgers was playing at an MVP level in 2016. The next two years he got hurt and 2019 was his first year in a new offense with a new coach. In my opinion him staying healthy the last two seasons is a far more plausible explanation for his return to MVP form than him feeling threatened by a guy who will never be better than him.

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

Is Love the mistress or the therapist?