Bills bench Tyrod Taylor for rookie qb Nathan Peterman

LinderFournette

5 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Is it really?  If Tyrod starts this game, does Buffalo win?  eh, possibly, but I doubt it... 

They need a spark in the passing game;  maybe Peterman isn't the answer, but guess what, neither is Tyrod...

What's the alternative though? Cut Tyrod and draft a QB, trade for a veteran QB? 

2 hours ago, tab said:

mistake of the year

29 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Is it really?  If Tyrod starts this game, does Buffalo win?  eh, possibly, but I doubt it... 

They need a spark in the passing game;  maybe Peterman isn't the answer, but guess what, neither is Tyrod...

Here's why it might indeed be the mistake of the year - if they cut him before the new year, they take a 8.6M cap hit for the remaining bonus.  Trade or cut, no way around that 8.6M.   The remaining deal is 16M - a 10M base and a 6M roster bonus due on the new year.   That's what a team takes on if they trade for him for 2018.

Here's the rub - by doing what they did, the Bills have almost no chance to get anything in return in a trade....unless they take on the 6M roster bonus.  No way someone will want to take on a 16M contract...and pay up for that right, for a guy the Bills don't even trust to play over a raw rookie like Peterman.   They've basically killed any trade value by showing how little they value him.  

Maybe there's no trade market for him at 16M anyways - but there certainly won't be now.  They're basically going to have to likely take a conditional late pick just to take the contract off their hands and get any value than a simple cut (and if they want to get something a little more, maybe agree to take the 6M roster bonus to make him palatable).

On 11/15/2017 at 6:37 PM, kramxel said:

Never been a fan of him... he just isn't a good QB.

His upside is that he doesn't throw many picks, but he misses a lot on his throws and generally has poor reads.

With that said, this move is absolutely baffling! Unless there's someone better than him around, he's the definition of serviceable.

A rookie QB isn't gonna make a poor WR group and a below average O-line any better.

Really don't want to be a troll, and just bump both threads to say "I told you so", but man.... this is one of those that could be seen from 10 galaxies away...

2 hours ago, kramxel said:

Really don't want to be a troll, and just bump both threads to say "I told you so", but man.... this is one of those that could be seen from 10 galaxies away...

I’ll say this though. We were a downward spiral with Tyrod anyways. Took the risk. Got smacked in the face in every way possible. Own it and go back to Tyrod. 

It makes Tyrod look better than he actually is. Which is funny. I’m not a Tyrod fan either for the reasons you originally mentioned but now if the Bills don’t start him the look even more incompetent than they have been in the past 17 years of non playoff football and that’s hard to do. Own up that you made the mistake thinking Peterman was ready, or even good for that matter. 

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’ll say this though. We were a downward spiral with Tyrod anyways. Took the risk. Got smacked in the face in every way possible. Own it and go back to Tyrod. 

It makes Tyrod look better than he actually is. Which is funny. I’m not a Tyrod fan either for the reasons you originally mentioned but now if the Bills don’t start him the look even more incompetent than they have been in the past 17 years of non playoff football and that’s hard to do. Own up that you made the mistake thinking Peterman was ready, or even good for that matter. 

I really want to what what thought process lead NFL level coaches, FO people, talent evaluators and all else to see a 5th round rookie QB getting almost no real reps in practice and go "yeah, that'll work out".

13 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I really want to what what thought process lead NFL level coaches, FO people, talent evaluators and all else to see a 5th round rookie QB getting almost no real reps in practice and go "yeah, that'll work out".

Peterman sure looked and sounded the part before that game though. The guy sounded like a seasoned vet in his pressers. He obviously convinced them in training camp, scout team, the film room and that little shot of play the previous week.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Buffalo doesn't deserve Tyrod. He needs to be released and go to a team and city that embraces and believes in him, because clearly he isn't wanted in Buffalo despite clearly being the best quarterback on that roster.

Call it wishful thinking, but Tyrod to the Browns will lead to multiple SB wins for both and a HoF career for Tyrod. The Browns would embrace him and he'd do enough with his TE, RB and legs that you'd forget about Kenny Britt.

If you believe in good things happening to people who need good things to happen, you'll agree.

Archived