Who would you say is the second best Head Coach in the NFL?

CP3MVP

5 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Hmm that’s interesting. So this last win just validated it? You thought he was better in 2018?

Exactly. 

McVay is young with plenty of upside but hasn't a 1/3 of the resume Reid has. Now that doesn't mean he won't or can't eclipse or better it in the future but he's not #2.

What has Sean done that Andy hasn't as a Chief? Won't bother with the Eagless extra 5 NFCCG.

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Exactly. 

McVay is young with plenty of upside but hasn't a 1/3 of the resume Reid has. Now that doesn't mean he won't or can't eclipse or better it in the future but he's not #2.

What has Sean done that Andy hasn't as a Chief? Won't bother with the Eagless extra 5 NFCCG.

The one thing I’ll say is I think the NFC during Mcvay’s time(2017-present) is much better than it was during Andy’s time with the Eagles.

Edited by CP3MVP

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

The one thing I’ll say is I think the NFC during Mcvay’s time(2017-present) is much better than it was during Andy’s time with the Eagles.

How so? I mean a team within his own Division won 2 SB during his tenure as a Eagle? 49ers might of made a SB, but didn't win.

01' Bucs all time Defense. 10' Packers, 09' Saints. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

How so? I mean a team within his own Division won 2 SB during his tenure as a Eagle? 49ers might of made a SB, but didn't win.

01' Bucs all time Defense. 10' Packers, 09' Saints. 

The Saints that Mcvay beat in 2018 and Bucs in 2021 are better than any team Andy beat in the NFC playoffs. When he finally made a Super Bowl the 2004 NFC was an all time bad conference. The giants were average teams that got hot, nobody thinks they were good. 

The 3 best teams he faced in the NFC playoffs, 01 Rams, 02 Bucs, 10 Packers he lost to all of them lol. What were the impressive eagles playoff victories? The 10-6 Packers in 2003? They lost to a 9 win cardinals team in the nfc title game lol

Edited by CP3MVP

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

The Saints that Mcvay beat in 2018 and Bucs in 2021 are better than any team Andy beat in the NFC playoffs. When he finally made a Super Bowl the 2004 NFC was an all time bad conference. The giants were average teams that got hot, nobody thinks they were good. 

The 3 best teams he faced in the NFC playoffs, 01 Rams, 02 Bucs, 10 Packers he lost to all of them lol. What were the impressive eagles playoff victories? The 10-6 Packers in 2003? They lost to a 9 win cardinals team in the nfc title game lol

You named 3 SB winners and that's meant to be a negative towards Reid not beating them? 👌

You also seem to be missing my original point.

5 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Anything Andy did as a Eagle is gravy when added to his Chiefs tenure. This was never about Sean's 1st 5 years or Andy's 1st 5 years.

It's who's the 2nd best overall HC. Which is Andy until or if Sean ever surpasses his accomplishments. 

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You named 3 SB winners and that's meant to be a negative towards Reid not beating them? 👌

You also seem to be missing my original point.

Anything Andy did as a Eagle is gravy when added to his Chiefs tenure. This was never about Sean's 1st 5 years or Andy's 1st 5 years.

It's who's the 2nd best overall HC. Which is Andy until or if Sean ever surpasses his accomplishments. 

Because he didn’t beat great teams in the NFC playoffs. Sean has in his NFC playoffs. In the Super Bowl run they beat the 8-8 Vikings and the 11-5 mike Vick led falcons lol. The 2004 NFC is one of the worst conferences ever. I remember people saying the 4 best teams in the NFL are all in the AFC.

You have to surpass someone’s overall accomplishments to the be the best NOW? So Tom Brady will always be the best as long as he’s taking snaps 

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

What has Sean done that Andy hasn't as a Chief?

Are we comparing Andy only with Mahomes or over his entire 9 year tenure? Because Andy Reid won 1 playoff game in 5 years before Mahomes. It took a generational QB to get Andy past the divisional round in KC. McVay took 2 different QBs to the SB within 5 years. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Are we comparing Andy only with Mahomes or over his entire 9 year tenure? Because Andy Reid won 1 playoff game in 5 years before Mahomes. It took a generational QB to get Andy past the divisional round in KC. McVay took 2 different QBs to the SB within 5 years. 

You pick. We can wait 4 more years to see Mcvay’s total 9 years in comparison ,talk then? Or the last 5 years for both?

Also wonder just how generational Mahomes would of been as say a .....Jet, Lion, Jag the past 4 seasons? 🤔

People keep ignoring the overall talent the Chiefs have had during Mahomes tenure vs what Andy had before his arrival too. 4 straight AFCCG in KC and only 2 in 5 years for LAR.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You pick. We can wait 4 more years to see Mcvay’s total 9 years in comparison ,talk then? Or the last 5 years for both?

Also wonder just how generational Mahomes would of been as say a .....Jet, Lion, Jag the past 4 seasons? 🤔

People keep ignoring the overall talent the Chiefs have had during Mahomes tenure vs what Andy had before his arrival too. 4 straight AFCCG in KC and only 2 in 5 years for LAR.

I'm basing it off the whole Chiefs/Rams tenure. McVay won the same amount of SBs and conference championships as Reid in 4 less years. Reid has won 2 more playoff games than McVay. 

What's great about McVay/Reid is each have had 2 similiar QBs. Smith and Goff are your game manager types. And Mahomes and Stafford are more of the elite arm talent QBs. I think Smith/Goff are very comparable whereas obviously Mahomes is a tier above Stafford. McVay got more out of the game manager type. And both won SBs with the "elite" QBs. But since McVay doesn't need an elite QB to win playoff games, he's been better.