Week 11 Bills bench Taylor

WizardHawk

23 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

What? Buffalo is in the middle of the middle hunt and this is going on? 

It's not even like Tyrod was playing poorly. I mean sure he might have a low ceiling, but this is not the right time to do this. Wait until the end of the season if you ask me.

24 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

They're in the middle of a playoff hunt though...just seems like odd timing to be benching your QB.

Exactly. I get Taylor isn't sticking around and isn't great by any stretch, but jump starting an offense with a rookie, at this point is season is a little odd to say the least. 

On 11/15/2017 at 11:13 AM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

They don't want to keep Tyrod. They have made it clear for a while now. They need to see if Peterman is the future or not. Makes sense from a long-term perspective.

How do you tell if a QB is the future or not by playing him for 5 games in his rookie year? Sounds more like a tankjob if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

How do you tell if a QB is the future or not by playing him for 5 games in his rookie year? Sounds more like a tankjob if you ask me.

"Tankjobs" aren't real things though. That's a term to describe something fans wish upon their own teams. Players/coaches would stand to gain nothing.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

"Tankjobs" aren't real things though. That's a term to describe something fans wish upon their own teams. Players/coaches would stand to gain nothing.

Oh I agree, ive been pretty adamant in other topics that no one tanks. Players, coaches, execs, no one benefits and generally they will all be out of work over it.

Was more an observation that the team will lose doing this. Maybe they see something in practice, idk. But hard to think 5 games from  rookie at this point shows anythinf.

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I am not saying I buy the logic. But if you, as an organization already made up your mind you dont want him, you move on from him. A *smart* organization trades him, though.

Archived