BREAKING: JJAW traded to Seattle; Amadi promptly shipped to the Titans

TheRealMcCoy

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Basically. 

Each team traded for the others teams eventual cut. Only way this kid makes this roster is as a phantom IR designation the next 2 weeks.

I don’t think that is the only way. The safety depth on this team is dreadful. He just got here and has done just as much to earn a spot as Tartt right now 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Now we can draft a punter. 

We had our chance. I'm sure Kyron Johnson and Grant Calcaterra will not only make the 53 man roster this year but have long and distinguish Eagles careers.

Punters are overrated.  Long live Siposs!!

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

We had our chance. I'm sure Kyron Johnson and Grant Calcaterra will not only make the 53 man roster this year but have long and distinguish Eagles careers.

Punters are overrated.  Long live Siposs!!

If only we would have thought of Kelce the same way. Waste of a pick. Punter way more important than a backup center that will get cut anyway. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

If only we would have thought of Kelce the same way. Waste of a pick. Punter way more important than a backup center that will get cut anyway. 

Cam was drafted in the 2nd rd, not 6th when Araiza . Nice attempt at sarcasm though.

Edited by Nabbs4u

19 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I literally mentioned Kelce. lol 

Its ok. I already know his rebuttal before I posted that comment. Still doesn’t make enough sense to me to draft a punter. 

I knew your stance on drafting a punter. Which is why your point about Kelce's replacement taken 4rds earlier is a mute point.

Now if Cam Jurgens was our 5th or 6th rd pick. You'd absolutely of had a point.

Instead we have a LB/TE who might not make this team outside of a phantom IR or PS designation. Rather have the guaranteed starter in Araiza like the Bills, that's all.

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I knew your stance on drafting a punter. Which is why your point about Kelce's replacement taken 4rds earlier is a mute point.

Now if Cam Jurgens was our 5th or 6th rd pick. You'd absolutely of had a point.

Instead we have a LB/TE who might not make this team outside of a phantom IR or PS designation. Rather have the guaranteed starter in Araiza like the Bills, that's all.

Still missing it. When we drafted Kelce I’m sure a lot of people, especially around here were to think he’s just a body and has no shot of making the team. Even if he did make it, it was just to be a backup. That’s the point. You would have said the same thing about Kelce that year when we drafted him. Sure, the Kelces in this world are very few and far between but I still think guys that are good STs (Johnson) and possibly a quality TE2 (Calcaterra) are potentially more valuable 90% of the time over a college punter. “Guaranteed”, as you say. Like how many drafted punters don’t make it? And even when they do, how many are long term starters for their teams? But you can guarantee it? Cmon man. Risk and reward. I take a flyer on Kelce and he returns a HoF career for a decade plus. I take a punter and what’s my upside? It’s not comparable. I’ll draft actual football players every time and find adequate punters walking around everywhere. 

I won’t even mention the current status of  Araiza for my argument but at this point in time, nothings “guaranteed”.