Deadpool 2

devils1854

4 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

The Cocaine scene and Deadpool walking up to Cable in the apartment scene was the hardest I laughed in awhile.

He really did hide the cure for blindness amongst all that coke too, which I thought was brilliant.

Took my niece to see it last night, we both liked it.  I think she liked it more than me.  First one is better, but this one is solid as well.  Wasn't the twist kinda predictable though?  I give it 7/10, I'd see it again. 

Thought this one was much better than the first.

Would have been funny had he been dressed up as the Green Lantern in the end credits and his real life wife shot him dead and then turned the gun on herself.

7 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I've never followed Deadpool, all I know is from these two movies.  Then I find it weird there are no villains in the movie.

Well let’s be honest this isn’t a classic hero movie.   DP is as anti-hero as it gets.   And the scope of the story isn’t even that large.   And that’s fine IMO.   By setting a deliberately small scope of the story it’s able to get away with being mostly the Ryan Reynolds show, with a little Cable & Domino & X-Force thrown in.  

Lets face it this is not a series that takes itself seriously.  It’s how the humor that breaks the 4th wall can work so well.  

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

I've never followed Deadpool, all I know is from these two movies.  Then I find it weird there are no villains in the movie.

Juggernaut is a villain. The old dude and all the people who run the school and torture kids are villains. The dude who killed Vanessa is a villain. The sex traffickers from the beginning of the movie are villains. Firefist is a villain that they make have a change of heart.

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Juggernaut is a villain. The old dude and all the people who run the school and torture kids are villains. The dude who killed Vanessa is a villain. The sex traffickers from the beginning of the movie are villains. Firefist is a villain that they make have a change of heart.

DP2 breaks the mold of having no big Black Hat to pit DP against though.   Which is fine given it’s not a conventional hero movie.   

I still prefer the 1st but just barely; and I still LOL today thinking about that Cable-DP scene in the apartment and those post-credit scenes.  

Ok I caught the spoiler most ppl have been talking about (Vanisher) but I totally missed this one...mind blown.  

The 2 rednecks that Cable killed and then took their pickup truck were Alan Tudyk (Firefly, Rogue One voice of K2SO) and Matt Damon.    LOL at the toilet paper manifesto

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Ok I caught the spoiler most ppl have been talking about (Vanisher) but I totally missed this one...mind blown.  

Hide contents

The 2 rednecks that Cable killed and then took their pickup truck were Alan Tudyk (Firefly, Rogue One voice of K2SO) and Matt Damon.    LOL at the toilet paper manifesto

Oh wow I did not catch that. Although I thought it was a stun. 

10 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

He already cameo'd in Thor Ragnorok. Damon needs to get a life and get out of our marvel movies.

I would rather play an extra in those movies then him preach figuratively the only way gun control can be enforced is if Jason Bourne does it. 

30 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Oh wow I did not catch that. Although I thought it was a stun. 

Yeah it could have been a stun.   If they were painting Cable as a Black Hat it would have been a killshot but given what we know it could have been simply a stun. I will say I didn’t get even a hint of who it was lol.  

Just got out of seeing it. Quite enjoyed it. Was a bit weird tonally in spots, with them trying to get Deadpool some actual plot and character development. It turned out okay, but the stretches of seriousness felt a little odd at times, for me. And I wasn't a big fan of the kid. Otherwise really liked it. Domino was spectacular. I loved the parachuting scene all over. Brolin was amazing again. Some fantastic cameos and call backs to the original and to other movies.

I'm not sure whether I'd say it was better or worse than the first. It's a tough comparison to make objectively, because I do think it suffers from no longer being new. Deadpool felt completely unique, Deadpool 2 is still that, but the original already did it, so the impact of that is somewhat gone. Had the same feeling with GOTG 2. Same with the second Kingsmen. So I feel like Deadpool 1 seems better to me, but I think that's just timing.

Archived