Deadpool 2

devils1854

26 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Deadpool has had PG13 versions for years in animated form. They are expanding their audience, not limiting it. Disney is not going to take away from 2 movies that made over 700M Worldwide each.

Finally this isn't a Disney move. This is a Fox move. Disney does not own Fox right now. Also $1 of every ticket sold is going to cancer research, so I hope this absolutely doesn't bomb.

Didn't realize the cancer thing, but you can't tell me that if this makes a ton of money Disney won't have more ammo to make the switch down the road. 

Expanding their audience to a PG13 crowd just to turn around and make the next movie rated R doesn't sound like a Disney plan. 

28 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Didn't realize the cancer thing, but you can't tell me that if this makes a ton of money Disney won't have more ammo to make the switch down the road. 

Expanding their audience to a PG13 crowd just to turn around and make the next movie rated R doesn't sound like a Disney plan. 

Kevin Feige isn't an idiot. He knows what he is doing. I'm sure he has a plan where they can use both Deadpool in a R rated setting with X-Force or Wolverine and still throw him in a occasional PG13 team up. Deadpool isn't going to do much playing in the MCU Avengers sandbox anyway. He doesn't fit beyond a small role.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:51 PM, JonStark said:

On the contrary, if this did well I think we'd continue to see dual theatrical releases.  R rated release, DVD release, a couple months after the DVD release a PG-13 theatrical release.  Dipping into the trough 3 times per movie as opposed to 2.  Then probably an "Ultimate DVD" release that includes both versions.  Plenty of stupid people that will buy all of these.  I'll continue to see the R rated release and ignore everything else.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 2:23 PM, Acgott said:

Deadpool has had PG13 versions for years in animated form. They are expanding their audience, not limiting it. Disney is not going to take away from 2 movies that made over 700M Worldwide each.

Finally this isn't a Disney move. This is a Fox move. Disney does not own Fox right now. Also $1 of every ticket sold is going to cancer research, so I hope this absolutely doesn't bomb.

Except a PG-13 rating kinda limits his ability to kill and be "killed" in over-the-top ways as a punchline like he's known for. A Deadpool movie without that is like a Wolverine movie where he doesn't use his claws. An animated crossover film or kid's show isn't exactly comparable to a live-action movie of his own franchise. 

That said, I would be worried about this setting a terrible precedent for future Deadpool movies (or adult properties in general), but it uses a new narrative framing device based on The Princess Bride that looks like it actually makes fun of the fact that it's PG-13 for comedic value in the trailers. We can expect to see some censorship gags in this. They might keep the "F Wolverine" bit in, though since every PG-13 movie is allowed one F-bomb, even joke about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived