Deadpool 2

devils1854

10 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Only 2 weeks after Infinity War, ballsy move by Reynolds & Crew. (and currently a week in front of Solo too)

I don’t think it matters what else is released around it’s still gonna do really well at the box office 

15 hours ago, RamRod said:

I don’t think it matters what else is released around it’s still gonna do really well at the box office 

It ALWAYS matters what is being released around your movie. There are only a finite number of movie goers, and an even smaller pool of fans who even go to the theater twice in the same month, and a minuscule amount who will go see your movie again. 

These guys must think they have a moster of a film to jump only 2 weeks behind Infinity War. Hope they are right.

Looking at the schedule I kind of get it.  Only 2 weeks after Inifinity War, but June 15 is Incredibles 2, which will be huge.  A week after that is Jurassic World 2, which will be big even if it sucks.  May 18th gives them 4 weeks with only Solo (which everyone and their mother thinks will underperform) and Oceans 8 which looks like a complete rip off of Oceans 11 but with women after watching the first trailer.  Maybe, maybe it dampens opening weekend numbers, but this likely helps weeks 2-3-4.  That said, something probably moves into June 1, so they need to bank on that being something not so big.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Looking at the schedule I kind of get it.  Only 2 weeks after Inifinity War, but June 15 is Incredibles 2, which will be huge.  A week after that is Jurassic World 2, which will be big even if it sucks.  May 18th gives them 4 weeks with only Solo (which everyone and their mother thinks will underperform) and Oceans 8 which looks like a complete rip off of Oceans 11 but with women after watching the first trailer.  Maybe, maybe it dampens opening weekend numbers, but this likely helps weeks 2-3-4.  That said, something probably moves into June 1, so they need to bank on that being something not so big.

Look at all that competition.  Infinity War (Disney), Incredibles 2 (Disney), Jurassic World (Disney), Solo (Disney).  

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

It really shows how much they all love this property.

At this point though, Are they just sticking with "Untitled Deadpool Sequel" as the title?

I get the joke but they should just call it Deadpool 2. Everybody is gonna call it that anyway.

No one posted the new trailer (of sorts) yet? Comes with a delightful new movie synopsis, too.

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.

• 1 month later...

Archived